Post photos of your systems/rooms here! Part 5

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Gary, May 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

Yes those are Ampzilla 2000 amps. You would have to know James Bongiorno to "get it". He is a brilliant audio designer with a flare all his own. I'm sure he has forgotten more about amplifier design than I will ever know.

2. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

"Ampzilla" that's the best amp name EVER.

3. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

I hear they don't sound too bad either.

4. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

Wouldn't doubt it!

5. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Audio Enthusiast

Well not to sound like some salesman for the company, but these are the best amps that have ever pushed my Martin Logans. The CLS are a difficult load at best. The Ampzilla 2000's handle it like a walk in the park. They are warm and detailed. They also get more bass out of the CLS than even my Carver Silver 7t mono blocks. They are keepers. :thumbsup:

6. davmar77

davmar77 I'd rather be drummin'...

i'll agree with that. my goodies as already posted in part 4 of this thread. the pre-amp is from the same company, great american sound.

Attached Files:

7. motorcitydave

8. carlthewave

carlthewave New Member

I could give you a long story on why such equipment is in such a dungeon of a room, but that's not the title of the thread :righton:

Attached Files:

9. motorcitydave

KICK ***!!!

Now there's a system I can appreciate.

10. avbuff

avbuff Forum Resident

carlthewave:

Outstanding! Looks like you are already aware of your limitations with your "dungeon". I too am cursed with a tiny room, but my system is a bit better suited for such. Your system is screaming to be "set free".
    Do us a large favor, kind sir, and list the equipment either in your profile, or on this thread. While most is obvious, I cannot tell what purpose many of those pieces serve.
    Fabulous system.

11. Wergeland

Wergeland Formerly spanishjohnny

Dogpile! Love the 47 Lab setup!

12. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

What purpose does the dj-mixer have in this set up ? Looks like a RANE 3 channel ?
    Less is more I was told...
    Maybe you should store some away for a while or get a bigger room...anyway extremely good stuff you got in there !

13. +1 on the eyecandy.

All those Mcintosh pieces must add up to a nice system, what are the models?

14. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

Hey thanks :) How do you find the ASR products? I was looking at getting one of their phono stages...

15. BigE

BigE Forum Resident

Would that long story happen to start with the words "I am married and" ??:laugh:

Eric

16. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Great gear!

Yes, hopefully he won't mind filling out his equipment profile and relating a bit more. Looks like 3 X McIntosh MC-501s for the front amps, a McIntosh MC-352 for rear amp, B&W Nautilus 801s for front and B&W Nautilus HTM1 for a center.

17. Peace Man

Peace Man New Member

Lovely pics, I enjoy viewing these threads.

Hopefully I'll have some time later in the week to take some pics of my stuff to show you guys, could do it now but I'm listening to some music instead. lol

18. Music!

Music! Forum Resident

I think I got the picture to post, was having trouble. I know I need a real audio rack, but...you know...I should have one shortly, and then it will be turntable time.

[​IMG]

19. Wergeland

Wergeland Formerly spanishjohnny

I just can't praise them highly enough. Very pleased with my Mini Basis, and a Basis Exclusive will very likely enter my system some time in the future. Very flexible when it comes to load and impedance changes (they are situated inside the phonostage though) and it handles (even the Mini Basis) almost any cartridge available.

The Emitter I Excl. is also an amp I regard very higly. Smooth-soundig, yet detailed and it presents the music with a natural "flow". A very powerful amp which gives you the right "omph" when that is necessary. It's also a "foolproof" amp which goes into protection mode if your about to drive your speakers too hard or should be so clumsy that you shortcircuit your speakercables :sigh: But I just turned the amp off, waited two minutes and started it up again. Worked perfectly.:thumbsup:

It is also an amp designed to worh with even the thoughest of speakers (mbl, martin logans, scintillas etc.), which is nice should I ever feel the need to try different speakers.

Well built stuff and should something every go wrong with your ASR equipment, constructor Friedrich Schäfer is only an e-mail away and always answers within hours.

20. jpm-boston

jpm-boston Forum Resident

Hey guys, when you post your pictures, please list the equipment displayed. Thanks.

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

:agree:

22. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

Thanks for your comments :righton: We should start saving our pennies as ASR gear is quite $$$

23. carlthewave

carlthewave New Member

Last year, I finally got married at 35. I had two separate systems, one audiophile/home theater on the main level and a basement system where I would mix cds (a cheap Gemini 3 channel mixer) and where all good old formats would go to die. :wave: Also, it was a work out room/party room. The JBL 250tis are great party speakers.

Anyway, with marriage and a now one month old, the combination of systems was inevitable. We now have a proper family room and one hell of a basement system. I know, style points for the sweet 70s wood panels:winkgrin:

That said:
    B&W N801
    B&W HTM1
    B&W M805
    Mc MX134
    Mc MC501 L/C/R
    Mc MC352 surround
    Mc MLD7020 laserdisc
    Panasonic Blu-ray (with internal decoding, feeds high-res to 134)
    Esoteric DV-50 cd/sacd/dvd-a
    AudioControl R-130 spectrum analyzers left and right
    Pioneer Elite PRO-151fd
    Pro-Ject Xpression II turntable
    Monster 7000/Richard Gray 1200
    Gemini mixer
    Tascam 402/HHB 830 cd-rs
    Nakamichi CR-7A tape deck
    Sony ES dat deck
    Sony SLV-R1000 S-VHS
    The 16 year old Velodyne ULD15 was just replaced a few weeks ago with a
    JL Audio F113 Sub
    and the JBL 250tis, which I will never sell, are currently not hooked up. Which is a shame.

24. BigE

BigE Forum Resident

Carl,

Congratulations on your marriage and your newborn.

There are things in life more important than audio.

Eric

25. motorcitydave

Awesome. Now that's living it up. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.