Post photos of your systems/rooms here! Part 4

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Craig, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpm-boston

jpm-boston Forum Resident

One of the best quotes I have heard on this site!

2. EdipisReks

EdipisReks New Member

which do you prefer, the Cary or the Woo? i really like the Cary (haven't heard the Woo, myself) with R-10s, but i've always found it to be flabby with other phones.

3. sicksteve

sicksteve New Member

Oh, that marantz sa-7s1 tube system is incredible!

Do you know what feels like when you're moving and everything is still a MESS?:

[​IMG]

4. mikeymad

mikeymad Forum Resident

I think in the end the Woo edges ahead. I need to spend some time head to head with them. The Woo has upgraded caps in the Amp and Power supply, and the Rectifier tubes (metal base GZ34) are some of the best in the business. I would like to try sme 274B's at some point.

I am using the AT L3000 most of the time. So I make changes that make them sound better. The Cary is really a special amp though. I had the L3000's cranked out of the Cary the other night and I loved every minute of it.

Cheers,

5. dartira

dartira rise and shine like a far out superstar

That is just...that is just...right, that's it, I'm buying lottery tickets

6. Daniel Thomas

Daniel Thomas Forum Resident

I really ought to get a new digital camera. The one I've had for a couple years is too low-rez (3.2 megapixel) and fuzzy for my tastes. Here are the latest photos of my stereo system. Included is a new entertainment shelf I got from Target for $40 (the poles are filled with cat litter). The stereo is a classic Marantz 2235b, a muscle car for audio. And the table is the Pro-Ject Debut III with all the hot-rod extras: acrylic platter, Denon 160 cart, Speed Box II, and the new Tube Box II.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. stuart

stuart Member

very nice. Ive actually been looking for a storage unit like that. Where did you get that unit?

8. Daniel Thomas

Bought it at Target. Cost $40, so it obviously can't compete against a $300 hi-fi rack. But for the money it's very good and looks nice. It's perfectly suited for a stereo and turntable, and reminds me of my grandparents' old stereo system from long ago.

9. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Nice setup, DT. Which speakers are you using?

10. TONEPUB

TONEPUB Senior Member

Im cleaning house... My SET days are over. Got a pair with almost no hours.
    PM me if you want a good deal!

11. Peacekeepr73

Peacekeepr73 Digitally Remastered Member

I have two set-ups that i am very proud of, they may be on only a 16 year olds budget but these both put out what i need :righton: First is the set up in my bed-room. on top is my Realistic LAB-440 Fully automatic TT (Oh and the LP is none other than Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon 30th annaversary Re-issue), then My Marantz CD-40, in the middle is an unknown SONY Tape Deck and on the bottom is the ARS (Allied Radio Shack) Stereo Receiver with built in 8-Track.
    then for my Quad system on the portch with my Computer setup I have a Realistic STA-90 Stereo Receiver and the Panasonic Quadraphonic 8-track playin some Grand Funk Railroad!! and My own invention the "Quad-Box" witch handles the rear channels of the Quad 8-Track player (I know I know i should get a Quad system but im only 16 and just cant afford it). Not much but it really satisfies my classic taists :edthumbs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rockindownthehighway likes this.
  12. Plinko

Plinko Senior Member

That is a very cool looking Realistic table. I like it!

13. 666666

666666 Forum Resident

Cool looking table, and I love those Marantz cd players.

14. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Nice Realistic TT, but that cart looks WAY out of alignment.

15. conniefrancis

conniefrancis New Member

Nobody I knew at 16 had anything that nice. We would have been big time envious.

16. Peacekeepr73

yah my TT is the best part of my entire system and ta think it oly cost me $5 at the flea market :-D

17. Peacekeepr73

oh and FYI nothing in either of my set-ups cost over $20 just thaughtr id throw that out there

18. winged creature

winged creature Forum Resident

what speakers are u using?

19. Peacekeepr73

well one soundesign bookcase speeker to the right, a floor model GE to the left and a small 4ohm tecnics hangin above my door at the left side wired into the left channel with the floor model. I'll get back to ya on my Quad setup soon.
    [​IMG]

20. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

May be an optical illusion because of the angle. Look at the top picture instead.

21. Daniel Thomas

Ya know, that's the funny thing. I really don't know. They're RCA speakers and I bought them at a local Minneapolis record shop called Hymie's. That's also where I bought the Marantz stereo. The stereo cost me $65 and the speakers $30.

Beyond that, I really don't know make or model numbers. The speakers do have covers, but I removed them, partly for the sound, mostly for style. They're very good speakers, certainly for this apartment. Oh, and I'll have to get some decent speaker stands with my next "free" paycheck (you know, the one that doesn't pay all the bills).

22. gener8tr

gener8tr Senior Member

Vintage audio gear, an early Nintendo system, Rubik's Cube... Dude, I like you more with each photo you post!

23. Peacekeepr73

This may be off the forum music topics but i feel gener8tr might want to see this and to put it backj on topic every game system (yes even the NES with my stereo plug converter) is played through the stereo alongwith the speakers from the tv so that makes 5 speakers all around when using the tv (and games) and 3 when just playing music :righton:
    [​IMG]
    oh and thats an old pic i have many more classic systems :winkgrin:

24. Jim in Houston

Jim in Houston The Godfather of Alt-Country & Punk

time for a real dart board.

25. Peacekeepr73

And as promesed here is my Quad system. A Realistic STA-90 working the front 7w Panasonics and my own creation the "Quad-Box" that handles the rear 45W SONYs of my Panasonic Quadraphonic 8-track player with Grand Funk Railroad's album We're An American Band Quad 8 tape blastin :cool:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.