Post photos of your systems/rooms here! Part 3

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by BigE, Nov 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. portisphish

portisphish Forum Resident

Boy...dorm rooms sure have changed from my time in college. looks good.

2. Fit_like_min?

Fit_like_min? Forum Resident

Thanks for the comments guys. It does sound very good and handles all genres very well. I auditioned many brands before I went with Naim such as Cyrus, Audiolab, Linn, Meridian etc. Same for the speakers. I owned Tannoy and Mission speakers before the Nautilus. That took a lot of auditioning from Monitor Audio, Dynaudio and Naim, to name a few, before I finally got the speakers right. I love the Nuatilus, from the sound to the design.

3. St@N

St@N Forum Resident

I find you solution very interesting and you have cool system:righton: .

4. I Am The Lolrus

I Am The Lolrus New Member

Man, do you live like a block away, or do you live there permanently? I have never seen anybody with a "dorm" room like that, even in apartments, I would think having such a long-term quality based setup means you either don't get out much or you plan to be there a long time, or both! :laugh:

5. SysteX

SysteX New Member

Well, I'm going to be in that same room for the next three years, so I figured it was worth it to make the room as nice as possible. I must admit, though, when people walk in and see the acoustic treatment, they either think it's the coolest thing they've ever seen or they think I'm absolutely nuts. To be honest, I haven't decided which it is either...

6. Russ

Russ Outlaw

Nuts IS cool...duplicitous it is.

7. Sput

Sput Boilerphile In Memoriam

The big bad audiophile needs a night-light...ohhhh.:) The boogiephile will get him.:) :p :)

[​IMG]

8. Mogul

Mogul Forum Resident

Newbie question, but what is the advantage of dual subwoofers? Nice setup!

9. triple

triple Senior Member

Doesn't one need Dual turntables? :angel:

Goran

10. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Tweaking phase and position you can reach a better distribution of bass energy around the room than with a single SW.

11. YorkeS9

YorkeS9 Forum Resident

Here we go:

Attached Files:

12. My lounge

Marantz CD63MkII Ki Signature CD Player
    Cambridge DacMagic2 DAC Converter
    Musical Fidelity x10d Tube Buffer
    Creek 4330 Amplifier
    Denon TU260L MkII Tuner
    Kef Cresta 10 Speakers (QED Biwired)
    Little Dot II Headphone Amp
    Sennheiser HD650 headphones
    Tacima 6 way Mains Conditioner
    QED Qnect 2 interconnects

After 20 years of buying HiFi - I am finally happy with the sound of my system!

The Musical Fidelity x10d and Cambridge DacMagic (both bought recently on eBay) have revolutionised the sound I get. The DacMagic brings spadefulls of detail whilst the x10d warms up the sound a treat and gives much better bass. I bought some new valves on eBay for £14 for the x10d - Russian 6N23P-EB's Military Spec (from Mig Fighter Planes!) and these are so much better than the stock tubes.

Meanwhile the Kef Cresta 10's were the best £59.99 I have ever spent (brand new courtesy of Richer Sounds). My small room (damn Victorian room layouts) is not ideal for speaker placement - I listen mainly on my HD650s.

Attached Files:

13. phish

phish Jack Your Body

and a microphone.

where it's at?

14. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

I had the same problem living in Sydney - damn terrace houses; nice high ceilings but small rooms.

15. drh

drh Talking Machine

Quite a handsome array. Do you play that violin?

16. I Am The Lolrus

I Am The Lolrus New Member

ah I was right, cool setup though! Well thought out, I liked the diagrams you made (available in your directory). By the way, who makes those panels?

17. YorkeS9

YorkeS9 Forum Resident

No, not yet. I play piano and bought the violin about 8 month ago. My original plan was to play the violin this xmas :sigh:

I am still looking for a nice rack for my Simon Yorke S9 recordplayer. The one in the picture is sounding poor.

18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Did you make those acoustic panels your self? If so what did you use to make them?

Do they make much of a difference?

Curious.

Eddie

19. SysteX

SysteX New Member

The acoustic panels that are mounted on the walls and the ceiling (the 2' by 4' by either 2" or 4" panels) are made by GIK Acoustics. The 2' by 2' by 2" panels behind the speakers are made by ATS Acousitcs. I can without a doubt say that they are the best $500 I've spent yet on my rig. Having now experienced the difference that $500 worth of acoustic treatment makes (with about $2500 worth of gear), I cannot stress enough how important it is to get at least SOME treatment in your room as one of the first investments you make in your rig. My tiny little 9' x 13' room could definitely benefit from quite a bit more treatment, but I'm going to upgrade my speakers first.

20. lemonjello

lemonjello Forum Resident

Very Nice! Where did you get your record shelves, or did you make them yourself?

Jake

21. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I thought that was an iPod stuck to the wall ;)

22. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Seeing those pictures with vinyl LP's makes me think back on my early years & the great times I had browsing through the RECORD stores. Those were the days my friends!!!

23. Duggeh

Duggeh Forum Resident

24. phallumontis

phallumontis Active Member

Nice mood lighting, Duggeh.

25. YorkeS9, regarding those speakers in your picture.....

Is there a website for the manufactor?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.