Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Jasonbraswell

Jasonbraswell Vinylphile

It's birch; I double checked. Looks a little more red in the photo because the coating is still curing. This is not IKEA quality either. Each piece is almost 40 lbs.

bever70 and jonwoody like this.
  2. Harris11235

Harris11235 Forum Resident

Man, you got as serious as your avatar about that little joke. But since you doubled down…

Subwoofers are about more than bass extension.

And for what it’s worth, your Liutos are rated 4db higher in the low end than the Cornwalls we were discussing…

Give em’ a try sometime, if you’re so inclined! :agree:

weekendtoy, tyler8, jonwoody and 4 others like this.
  3. Audiofreak45

Audiofreak45 Boerboeliscious

Sorry but this is 100% incorrect, if that were true then the Magico M9’s would need help since they are often ran with Magico subwoofers. My speakers are rated to 17hz in room response from calibration is 14hz at my seating position yet I use a sub not because my speakers need help but it evens out the nulls in my less than perfect room.

There are many reasons to use subs, one can be to help with the lack of bass in speakers, another is to aid in dynamics in which all subs integrated into a 2ch system will do if calibrated properly. The other is to even out bass nulls in the 99% of rooms we have.

4. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

You see this picture? He has 6 Fathom subs 3 for each speaker. And the Speakers are Legacy V. 6 ft tall with built in subs. Do you think because he has subs his speakers can't present a more complete picture?

[​IMG]

5. Audiofreak45

Yep and that’s exactly like mine, my speakers are more than capable of hitting the lowest of notes down into pipe organ territory however, subs aid in what I mentioned above.

jonwoody likes this.
  6. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

To walk into that space and sit and listen to that rig, a person wouldn’t even know the subs were on…it’s not about , boom,boom, boom. But to turn the subs off and then back on, it’s like ahhhhh…nice! The subs enhance every part of the sound….makes it rich! A person who hasn’t experienced it, thinks subs are only for boom, boom, boom. Once they hear a set up with subs for enhancement, they immediately get it. No condemnation for BiTon….he’s not experienced it as of yet.

weekendtoy, mreeter, jonwoody and 7 others like this.
  7. Audiofreak45

That is absolutely correct, no boom in my system at all , just tight bass that indeed makes the overall sound very rich, wide and even more dynamic than my already very dynamic speakers. Turn the subs off and although still excellent you would know something was different but you would never know a sub was on.

jonwoody, Ampexed and Slippers-on like this.
  8. Jasonbraswell

Jasonbraswell Vinylphile

I can see both sides of the equation. I currently don't see a need for additional subs in my 2 channel system. The woofers are handling the movement of air just fine for any vinyl. In fact today, I commented on how the OJC Where? pushed air around my room on "Bass Duet"

What an incredible track to hear.

I certainly have a need for subs in the movie multiple channel room where things go super low in the spectrum and need to power you for special effects.

But every system is not enhanced with a sub IMO. Although this is a very system situation topic.

Audiofan1 and jonwoody like this.
  9. Audiofreak45

To each their own but I will say again, 99% of the rooms a 2ch system is in will 100% benefit from a sub/s it is not necessarily for enhancing bass as some of us do not need that although a sub/s do increase dynamics. What they are for is taking care of the bass nulls in 99% of the average 2ch room. If you ever did a calibration of your 2ch room before a sub and with a sub positioned in the correct spot you would see that indeed all systems will benefit from them. You’ll never know what you don’t try.

10. Jasonbraswell

Jasonbraswell Vinylphile

I'm not arguing one bit, but the 2 channel is what it is.
    I prefer to let the amps breathe fire into my JBLs and leave it be.

11. Audiofreak45

I respect that and like I said to each their own, what it comes down to for all of us is that we enjoy our systems.

12. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Ok, I stand corrected ;)! My birch isolation platforms at home look totally different though. Fwiw the Ikea beech countertops are massive wood as well! No cardboard veneer sh#t like most of their stuff.

Jasonbraswell and jonwoody like this.
  13. bever70

bever70 Let No-one Live Rent Free in Your Head!

Now we're talking :cheers:!

jonwoody and Slippers-on like this.
  14. Beatles4503

Beatles4503 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Soon to be joined by an Acoustic Signature Double X with TA-1000 Neo arm.

[​IMG]

15. Ampexed

Ampexed Forum Resident

Better put a cartridge in that puppy or you're not going to hear much of anything. :wave:

16. Beatles4503

Beatles4503 Senior Member

Fear not, a Soundsmith Paua Mk. 1 (rebuilt by SS) or an Ortofon Quintet Black S is at the ready!

17. jonwoody

jonwoody Tragically Unhip

Damn Beatles you sure know how to retire man! Congrats that is one sweet looking table! :cheers:

18. jonwoody

Might there be a photo missing from your post kellys?

mreeter likes this.
  19. kellys

kellys Forum Resident

You are correct. I goofed, the attached photos never appeared. I will have another go at it. I tried copy and pasting , not successfully.

jonwoody likes this.
  20. jonwoody

It does need to be hosted someplace first www.imgur.com works for me. after hosting you can copy/paste in Windows and Command C/V in Mac on a computer, not sure about phones however.

21. kellys

kellys Forum Resident

Second attempt. My banished to the basement room.
    Thanks. Ipad here. I compose my message and paste photos. They appear in my draft but when I reply they are gone.

jonwoody likes this.
  22. jonwoody

What image hosting site are you using?

Glmoneydawg likes this.
  23. kellys

kellys Forum Resident

None, unless there is something on the iPad I’m not aware of. I’ve only ever attached photos to texts or email. I wrongly assumed it was as simple as that.

24. Glmoneydawg

Glmoneydawg Forum Resident

Need to use an image hosting site....postimage and imgur seem to be the go to's here...i am a computer simpleton and postimage is pretty easy for me.

25. kellys

kellys Forum Resident

Ok. I will check it out. Thanks for the help.

jonwoody and Glmoneydawg like this.