Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon Japan CDs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GP, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually, my disc is a late 80's Swindon disc, but it's digitally identical to the majority (in light of DogOfDoom's findings) of TOs out there, and yes, totally different mastering/analogue transfer etc.

.... Andreas sent me a sample of his "1992/1994" disc, and I can verify the samples were from this same mastering, and isn't really a 92/94 at all. Does anyone have any idea how that happened??

2. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

I was wondering whether anyone has yet evaluated the Japanese TOCP-65740 Mini LP?

3. BIG ED

BIG ED Forum Resident

This that the best release? ;-)

4. GP

GP Senior Member Thread Starter

Actually, I was at a friends house recently listening to some vinyl, and one of the LPs was an old US pressing of DSOTM that had barely been touched. It's funny but I don't recall any digital remastering sounding quite as smooth and balanced as it did on that vinyl. Maybe there are a variety of reasons for that (including the fact that I was hearing this through some vintage AR's) but it was nice to hear it that way for once.

I know what my favorite CD of DSOTM is, but best release? Beauty is in the ear of the beholder. ;)

5. I can well believe it. I realised something wasn't right with my first DSOTM CD when I heard a UK vinyl copy, played by a radio station with a 1W transmitter.

Typical. My 1000th post is in the thread where I've posted the most. Probably.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.