Pink Floyd 2011 / 2012 release schedule on Amazon.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zbinks, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Most of those multitracks are long gone so no way to remix. There is a multitrack reel from the Arnold Layne/Candy and a Currant Bun session but I'd be surprised if it contains the final elements though.

2. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Forum Resident

Don't mean to be a downer, but are "Dark Side of the Moon", "Wish You Were Here" and "The Wall" Pink Floyd's only albums? I want to "Experience" and be "Immersed" in the other albums, too!

That Discovery box set looks redundant, though, because of "Oh, by the Way", but if they do a vinyl version, that'd be awesome.

And what's with the one-disc PF best-of? How could they possibly do a compilation?

3. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

They probably just went and it did those versions to the most popular albums..but I hope we get some others too.

4. Chris M

I'm still a little stunned. I don't think anyone predicted we would get that much vault stuff. I think I am going to invest in a vaporizer and a dreamachine :laugh:

5. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

Maybe also a change of pants. ;)

6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Indeed. :D

7. psychedelicpiper

psychedelicpiper Forum Resident

Piper listed as one disc? I hope to God they don't make the stereo version the standard, and not just include the mono only on a box set. I wish the stereo was never made, because it just gives a different and not real good impression than the masterpiece the band actually worked hard on in the mono.

The current standard issue has it right by including the original mix.

8. GowG

GowG Forum Resident

Great news. Hopefully mastering will be OK.

9. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

I'm a bit puzzled by the comments about the mastering. I thought James Guthrie was quite well regarded around here (?)

10. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

i wonder if the lpcm versions on dvd 1 are in high res cause it seems redundent to include the same material as cd 1.my ayre 5xce plays everything except blu ray so a 24/96 on dvd would be nice.:)wow maybe atom heart mother will get a quad disc as well down the road.

11. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

What's up with the marbles. Not sure why they have to include dumb toys and trinkets in boxed sets now. Just give me the discs and save me some money.

12. Chris M

Now this, this is pretty exciting. IMO far more interesting than most of the bonus contents that have been revealed.

I can't believe they are releasing that 1974 BBC Dark Side of the Moon concert. I always thought it was a listless performance and weak recording. Maybe they really didn't make any professional multi-track live recordings post-Ummagumma/pre-Wall?

13. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

Wow - just wow!

14. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Would be cool and good to have "all the music" option when buying boxsets, leaving all the secondary/un-essential stuff out.

15. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

Agreed. I'm not the biggest PF fan but an early mix of DSOTM has me excited.

Tom

16. pantofis

pantofis Senior Member

This is making me crazy... it's as if dts 24/96 or DVD-A never existed, they put two dolby digital surround formats on the dvd: one lossy, the other even lossier :realmad:

Also they fail to include a hi-rez version of the original quad mixes on the blue rays :confused:

Whom exactly do they consult when they decide to press surround material on disc?!

17. Russ

Russ Outlaw

The last time I was excited about a release was the Zeppelin HTWWW set, that's a pretty long stretch of time.

Even the jaded will have to admit, this is a great deal of material to release...jaw dropping, really.

18. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

Oh my god, just found out about these. I'm just about to buy my first house which is going to stretch me too far to buy these when they come out. Still, I'm sure I'll be able to pick up one every other month or so (possibly dreaming there).

Though The Violent Sequence doesn't appear to be listed (unless it's known by another name?) on the DSOTM sets. :(

19. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

Holy Schnikes!

20. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

I haven't read through all of this thread, but (he asks expectantly) is there going to be any vinyl amongst this lot?

21. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

For the info given, theres not vinyl issues present this time.

22. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Have to look for a second job

23. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

In the DSOTM Immersion box set picture resting on the tour book it looks like a card with a download code. We may be getting downloads as well!

24. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

I'd be happy if they even released a stereo underdub or even a different take in stereo. I just want arnold layne and candy and a currant bun in stereo.

See emily plays master tapes no longer exist as far as i know:(

25. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

Yeah, that's what I thought. I would be surprised if there isn't though, although it may come later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.