Pink Floyd 2011 / 2012 release schedule on Amazon.com (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Is the 2011 Piper remaster essentially the same as the 2007 remaster?

2. Rfi

Rfi New Member

Hmm good question. I don't possess the 2007 one nor have I heard it but I do know someone who does have the CD. I'll get back on that in the coming days if nobody else reports in on it.

EDIT: Through a google search I found the EAC peak value for Track 3 to be 100% for the 2007 remaster. D'oh I forgot to save the EAC log for my rip but the 2011 is NOT at 100% for Track 3, it has a peak amplitude of -1.70dB so that would be 80-85*% (as indicated by waveform editor in Adobe Audition) this is usually a reliable indicator that the masterings are different, but sometimes just means levels are altered.

3. jonboy71

jonboy71 Forum Resident

Can someone with the new remasters tell me if AMLOR and TDB are sonic upgrades from the best previous versions?

4. nfloyd

nfloyd Member

So today my last pack arrive which contained the LP and Experience version.

[​IMG]

This means for now my Why Pink Floyd? stage 1 is complete.
    But of course will buying the rest of the discovery cds on its own over time, since I want to keep my discovery box sealed.

So with a total cost of $ 675
    +
    the Wish You Were Here Immersion, Experience, LP and Best Of
    $ 319 which is pre-order and paid the total runs for $ 994 this last 3 days
    means that Floyd once again earn some money for me.
    Hehe but I like it :)

5. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I know the collecting but isnt it a bit silly having sealed box...since they are clearly meant for playing and listening.

Are you planning on making a few dollars on it later:D just kidding.

Never understanded some people that collect vinyls and vinyl-boxset, kept them sealed and they didnt even own record-player.

6. -lunchbox-

-lunchbox- New Member

So much money in flipping though! There is a great band at the moment called Uncle Acid & the Deadbeats. Rise Above in the Uk pressed only 350 of their album, sold out quick smart. Will be reaching hundreds of dollars on the bay! Easy pay day for some folks I guess... or a good investment

7. nfloyd

nfloyd Member

Yeah some people might think it`s abit silly but as a collector I like some stuff sealed.
    I mean if the records was only avalible throw this box and nothing else I might had open it,
    After all in 10 years time I quess there won`t be a lot of them still sealed, so then its nice to have an untouch box standing on my Floyd collection shelf.

Again hehe I NEVER sell anything releated to Floyd I only buy, to either give away to my familiy when I`m gone or take it with me in the grave.

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Some people like to collect. This is nothing new around here. The non-collectors just need to get over it.

9. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Im collector myself too, but Im not gonna buy same item x2 and end up keeping the other sealed.

10. Masza

Masza Forum Resident

I understand that some of us want to keep their stuff sealed. If I had a lof of money I would do the same with some of the more rare releases

11. nfloyd

nfloyd Member

Well I see you point, and on regular stuff I`m with you on it. But on Limited Edition stuff I tend to do it that way. After all there isen`t that much these days Limited Edition from Floyd coming out, so I don`t mind. And after all the cost of it is just a small mabye 0.0001% of my total collection value so I won`t get broke on it.

But again I can see why people thinks its stupid because after all you throw the money out the window doing it this way.

12. Masza

Masza Forum Resident

I would like to buy all the (CD) live material released in Immersion box sets as one box set. In a style like EMI's Official Bootleg Boxes for example

13. nfloyd

nfloyd Member

Yeah they should release a Live cd box, after all I figure out here some days ago that they should indeed have a lot of Live recordings (audio) in their archives. Most of them are not multitracks recorded which I think is the main reason why they won`t put it out but I have to admit I really don`t mind if they aren`t.

14. Runt

Runt Senior Member

I have some vintage vinyl still sealed...it would be difficult to ever find them again in this condition, and even if I did the prices would be insane. But it's not like I can't listen to the music, since I've got it all on CD anyway.

15. KeithH

Then don't. Some do. We all make choices.

16. KeithH

I thought I would let everyone know that my Discovery box and Dark Side of the Moon Immersion box have shipped from Amazon and will arrive tomorrow. Look for the video on YouTube.

17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

At 5:45am this morning, I was having an online chat with " Habib" explaining I should not be getting charged shipping costs, since I already have Prime.
    Habib cleared up the misunderstanding, the appearance of my invoice changed, and my status is " Shipping Soon." I'll alert everyone should that status change, or if I feel a need to use the rest room. :laugh:

18. Runt

Runt Senior Member

Awesome, Keith. Looking forward to your reviews.

19. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

that's funny - I wish this forum was kept to the music myself. I never feel the need to update my shipping status with other members!

20. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm just giving Keith a hard time...all in good fun, Keith knows that.;)

21. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

So you are shipping yourself... Interesting ;)

Seriously, I fully agree.

22. oldschool

oldschool I love tape hiss

I've posted DR comparison of DSOTM Time and Money between the Experience edition and CP32 black triangle

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I am looking forward to sound reviews on the Discovery box. I have bought these albums so many times, it's going to take some convincing for me to buy them again.

24. ajax25

ajax25 Forum Resident

Looks like the pig flew again today......

25. csblue

csblue Forum Resident

I almost always buy my music from Amazon.com, because of free shipping and low prices. I have found, though, that if I order the immersion box sets of DSOTM and WYWH from Deepdiscount.com, I will save $19.00 over Amazon's price. Has anyone found these two box sets any cheaper than Deepdiscount.com?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.