Pink Floyd 2011 / 2012 release schedule on Amazon.com (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff Thread Starter

Continued from here

2. ola_t

ola_t Forum Resident

The Discovery and Experience editions have started to appear (for pre-order or just listed as forthcoming) on several download sites, including Amazon. Looks like The Wall (Experience Edition) on iTunes will have bonus tracks: eight songs from Is There Anybody Out There and the Behind the Wall documentary. Haven't seen any bonus tracks on other sites, so they're probably iTunes exclusives, and it will be interesting to see if the other Experience editions will have bonus tracks on iTunes, too.

3. WPLJ

WPLJ Forum Resident

Only seeing The Wall (Experience Edition) on iTunes, but haven't looked elsewhere ... Good catch on the extra tracks ... i did see the doc, but didn't notice the bonus tracks from the live album. Glad I got that when it came out. When I want to listen to The Wall (which isn't often these days), that's the one I reach for ...

4. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

My DSOTM Immersion box has been shipped by Tesco. Fingers crossed the discs won't be too trashed on arrival!

5. Aghast of Ithaca

Aghast of Ithaca Forum Resident

I'm thinking of buying Animals. But... is there a noticeable difference in SQ compared to the 1994 remaster?

6. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I just read (via BrainDamage on Twitter) that Richer Sounds stores in the UK are offering demonstrations of the Dark Side blu-ray in stores. A friend went to her local store this afternoon, only to find that EMI have apparently sent out faulty blu-ray discs and they weren't working!! Hope this isn't the same case for the copies in the box set.

Let's hear from the punters!!!

7. celticbob

celticbob Forum Resident

To answer Sytze's question from the previous thread;

No, the discs are not protected in the cases. It is just the CD in the cardboard sleeve.

8. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Fingers crossed you don't open it up and find Fruit and Veg:laugh:

9. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

LOL...This thread is hillarious!

People are paying premium prices for brand new product and yet they have to say a prayer that the product will not turn up trashed...it's not an easy task to buy physical product these days, that's for sure! :wave:

10. Maidenpriest

:agree::laugh:

11. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

:laugh::laugh::righton:

12. Maidenpriest

:frog:

13. electricberet

electricberet Forum Resident

I wonder if the Immersion editions will be on iTunes as well? Normally I would prefer to buy the physical version of an expensive box like that, but given the lousy packaging of the Immersion boxes, iTunes might be a better option.

14. Maidenpriest

Unless it was $20 tops, even with trashed packaging it is better than a download IMO

15. Masza

Masza Forum Resident

Could someone take some pictures of the packaging of the Discovery edition CDs? :wave:

16. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

:frog:

17. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

18. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

19. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

I am still trying to decide whether to buy online or look for it in best buy.

20. Masza

Masza Forum Resident

21. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I don't know what to tell you, there are not only pictures in there, the very first post has a picture. :confused:

22. electricberet

electricberet Forum Resident

Is there anyone on here who wants the marbles and scarf and whatever else comes with the DSOTM Immersion box other than the CDs? If so maybe we could work out a deal. :winkgrin:

23. Maidenpriest

The cost has put me off, I am getting the Double CD version:righton:

24. jl151080

jl151080 Senior Member

Phil - did you manage to pick up a copy of Uncut?

The article in there is probably the best of the bunch in all the music mags at the moment.

There is a suggestion that Animals may be released as an Experience edition. It'll be interesting to see if that happens.

25. Maidenpriest

No, I have been working and not had chance to search for it yet, I hope by the time I do get time off it is still on the stands etc. Animals is the one I would like the best as well, its only the last couple of years I have really been into it !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.