Physical Graffiti CD version question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Justin MacDonald, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moops

moops Senior Member

A seller on ebay was selling new sealed copies of LED ZEP's Physical Graffiti on CD that looked to be the original Diament version. They are Korean pressed discs, manufactured by SKC Ltd for Warner Music Korea. According to the info on the back, Made In Korea 1993. The packaging/artwork mirrors the original CD fatboy case, the actual fatboy case is the clear type. I took a chance on one as I was struggling to find an original PG set in good condition. The booklet is 6 pages, you get lyrics to all tracks (though the accuracy of the translation may be a question) and 1 page of credits in Korean. No individual track credits though. Can't make out a mastering credit, though that may be there somewhere in the liner notes. The printing of the tray cards and booklet is great quality, nice and clear. The discs themselves resemble the originals, silver face with red around the outer edge, and are perfect, without a blemish. More importantly the EAC levels are a perfect match for the original too. I've read comments in the forums from people with Korean CDs from SKC and they are legit quality pressings. And yes ......... it has the cough. So I scored a mint, sealed Diament Physical Graffiti ! :thumbsup:

UPC : 4 75679 03022 9

DISC 1 : 100.0 / 75.3 / 89.9 / 97.0 / 91.6 / 83.6
    DISC 2 : 79.4 / 40.7 / 83.7 / 84.6 / 89.2 / 91.5 / 52.4 / 85.0 / 94.4

2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I always wondered about Korean pressed CDs. There are quite a few of them.

3. theholygoof

theholygoof Forum Resident

Came across a single case, white spine Barry D today. Anyone have one of those that they can vouch for?

I already have a fat boy Barry D, but what do you think? Worth picking up?

Thanks, y'all!

4. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

They're the same thing. Someone just ditched the fatboy to save space.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.