Phil Spector's Christmas Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Dec 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

I got an import stereo pressing (German I think) last year. I washed it and it played amazingly quiet. It sounded damn good too. More clean top end than I expected out of a Spector production. It almost had some "air" around the voices. Nice.

2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I used to have the Warner Brothers version which was pretty awful.

3. jpbarn

jpbarn Forum Resident

Does anyone know this version...it's made in Great Britain on something called Impression Records from 1983, PSLP 2...cheesy pink cover with a graphic of a pair of wrap around sunglasses. Came with the Greatest Hits album (PSLP 1). Plays stereo. Sounds ok, but I have nothing to compare it to. Vinyl.

Thanks.

John

4. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

I have the "Phil Spector's Greatest Hits" PSLP 1 of this series. I haven't played it in awhile, but you're right about the cover being cheesy...

5. poweragemk

poweragemk Old Member

I agree with that...

6. stever

stever Senior Member

This album and Charlie Brown Christmas are the most consistenly enjoyable holiday albums I have ever heard. I never go a holiday without listening to both several times. These two albums really get me in the caring and sharing mood that is Christmas.

7. Emberglow

Emberglow Senior Member

That sounds like the copy I've got - the Greatest Hits album has a similar cheesy blue cover, right? Well, apart from being in stereo, the sound compares well with the ABKCO CD that's currently available

8. Ready Steady Go

Ready Steady Go Active Member

My Phil Spector Christmas album cover (Philles label) is proudly on display in the bathroom.... in one of those special "album cover frames." It's a holiday tradition. I'm never pee-shy in front of The Crystals or The Ronettes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.