Pearl Jam "Ten" Deluxe Editions coming*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by guidedbyvoices, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records Thread Starter

how much are the other issues going for anyone know? curious if the basic package will be $15? Or closer to $30?

2. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

Unknown as of yet. Might depend on how many pre-orders they get for the Super Duper Deluxe Version. If I had to guess (and considering they don't appear to be doing retail), the basic package would probably be $15-$25. And the basic + dvd would probably be $30-$40. It really depends on who is handling the cost of production/distribution. Is it just them? Is Sony/Epic part of it? Stuff like that...

3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Why are the music videos missing from the DVD? Some(all?) of the TEN viods have never been released and one or two of them exist in true widescreen format that has rarely been seen and rarely circulated. They could also try 5.1 mixes on them - or just Jeremy/Oceans.

Is the original drummer participating in this reissue? Is Matt Cameron signing autographs on them?

4. Mike D'Aversa

Good question. You should probably email customer service to find out for sure, but considering that Cameron actually drummed (as a favor to Gossard) on the 1990 instrumentals ultimately sent to Vedder, I'd suspect him...

5. applecakes

applecakes viva la vinyl

6. SoundAdvice

Is Abruzezze(sp?) friends with current members or is he still in the doghouse?

Is Cameron an official member or in a Ronnie Wood type(75-01) situation of "only" a high salary?

7. Mike D'Aversa

AFAIK, Abruzezze hasn't had contact with any of them since they split. Cameron was only on salary for the 'Yield' tour, I believe. Starting with the 'Binaural' studio sessions (where it became clear that Jack Irons was never coming back), he officially joined the publishing team...

8. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Sony/Epic would have to be involved. Never heard anything about PJ gaining ownership of their Sony related recordings. IIRC, Stone had mentioned a couple of years back that the band wanted to eventually release pre-2000 live shows, but because Sony was an involved party, it was complicated.

9. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

I'll buy the super-deluxe edition if it's available in stores so that I can get it cheaper than 140.00.

It looks like it will be, from the "FOUR SPECIAL EDITION PACKAGES IN STORES MARCH 24, 2009".

10. guidedbyvoices

and isnt Krusen the drummer on Ten anyways?

In that deluxe picture, there's a pic of the drummer though, so I dont think they're trying to whitewash the guy away from anything. But if I was Cameron, itd be weird to sign as part of the band on an album when he didnt join till 98. That'd be like having frigging Boom's signature on this

11. Mike D'Aversa

Cameron initially helped rehearse/demo the album. Krusen entered for formal rehearsing, and all recording for the album. Matt Chamberlain initially toured the album...

12. Mike D'Aversa

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mike D'Aversa
    Unknown as of yet. Might depend on how many pre-orders they get for the Super Duper Deluxe Version. If I had to guess (and considering they don't appear to be doing retail), the basic package would probably be $15-$25. And the basic + dvd would probably be $30-$40. It really depends on who is handling the cost of production/distribution. Is it just them? Is Sony/Epic part of it? Stuff like that...

You're right. My mistake...

13. guidedbyvoices

Mike, you seem to know more about the history than me - what actually happened with dave abbruzzesse? I heard something once that he was a bit too rock star for the other guys. seeing how the drummers weren't part of the core when Ten first was written / recorded / early tour, I can see now why he got the boot early, if the core of Ament/Mike/Stone + Vedder were solid and then here comes Ringo but he doesnt gel....

14. SoundAdvice

Careful what you say. These may sell out just on the website and never appear in stores. Look at the $300 NIN set or that Zep one sided vinyl catalogue that came in a roadcase for $800ish and vanish instantly.

Be warned, PJ fans are NUTS.

15. Mike D'Aversa

It might be a little cheaper, because the website is including some of the shipping cost in the price. But I don't know how easy it will be to find. It's not like Best Buy is going to carry something like that...

16. SoundAdvice

Someone needed to get him to sign off on this release of the Unplugged show. He's not going to turn down a cheque - the TEN cheques must also be nice.

I find the inclusion of the cassette tape quite funny and highly inventive. I wonder how much hassle they went to manufacture and label the shell.

17. Mike D'Aversa

1994 'Vitalogy' sessions were the most stressful the band ever had. Closest they ever came to breaking up. Had big fights for the first time, after passive-aggressively repressing interpersonal band problems. McCready was a heroin addict. Gossard was losing the big influence he initially had in the band. To a lesser extent, so was Ament. Vedder wanted 100% control. Vedder disliked Abrunezze (various reasons - Dave A. liked the fame that Vedder dispised...Dave A. was a moderate Republican from Texas, with no connection to Seattle, and no interest in things "alternative"), so he was fired after the main sessions ended...

18. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Call me an a-hole, but can the thread title be fixed to give this release the attention it deserves? The "New Beat.." thing kinda seems silly and many people probably won't get it.

19. SoundAdvice

Didn't DA also do a Drum magazine interview about the band without telling anyone?

20. applecakes

applecakes viva la vinyl

I hope the cassette has the 'momma son' audio on it so I can FLAC it up.

21. George P

George P Notable Member

GREAT avatar! :righton:

22. guidedbyvoices

huh, never knew that. Ironically after Cobain died, seems like Vedder wanted the pressure off of him to write all of the songs, and spread that back out among the band like they have done since Vitalogy.

23. applecakes

applecakes viva la vinyl

Thanks! I thought it suited my love for vinyl and my favorite band.

24. guidedbyvoices

per the first post:
    "but the "Super Deluxe Edition" will include a crystal-clear dub of the tape on a replica cassette"

25. SoundAdvice

Which drummer get the art print visible int he flickr photo of the deluxe contents?

I like how they included the Mookie Blaylock rookie card from Fleer(?) Can you imagine getting aproval from the team/league/player/card maker just for this tiny inclusion?

Was there an actual ticket for that 9/20 gig that's included. The Deluxe case shows some generic knockoff ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.