Ornette Coleman The Shape Of Jazz To Come - 2010 WB/Rhino LP Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SergioRZ, Oct 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert James

Robert James Forum Resident

I want to echo this.

I did end up getting a response from Dr. Rhino and they are refunding the cost of the record plus shipping due to the defect.

Absolutely terrific service from Rhino on this.

2. Robert James

Robert James Forum Resident

3. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

I just bought this LP from Elusive Disk with the same distortion with the first song side 1. Did Rhino ever replace anybody's copy?

4. Dual

Dual Forum Resident

I'm curious about the current release status of the Coleman catalog on Rhino. There's nothing listed on the Rhino website. I bought Change (ST-A-60211-SP) and Our Music (11753) yesterday on transparent red vinyl: one had a Rhino/Scorpio sticker on it. One has a typical Atlantic label, the other has label I've never seen before: a band of color around a white body with a pinwheel graphic in the center. No BG scribe in the runouts: I can't really decipher what appears to be the engineer's scribe. Very nice pressings: quiet, no unfill. Sound seems really nice to me, but I haven't yet compared it to the Shape I purchased a year or so ago and which totally knocked me out.

Of course if I'd just hung on to my 70's-era copies...

Anyone know what I bought?

5. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

That's interesting... Scorpio pressings can be very hit or miss, but there seems to be some out there that are decent too... I have one of their Blue Notes that I think is pretty good. Mostly I read negative comments about them here though. Which one was the Scorpio, do you remember? Also...since I see you're in Maine...did you happen to pick these up at Bull Moose?

6. Dual

Dual Forum Resident

Yeah, Bull Moose Middle Street in Portland. I do not recall which of the two was specifically labeled as Rhino/Scorpio.

webbcity likes this.
  7. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

Cool...thanks. Sorry I didn't have any answers for you! I guess they must have both been Scorpio pressings though...both red vinyl...maybe the sticker was just left off one of them?

Thanks for your comments on those. I see there's also a colored vinyl of "Free Jazz"...I may try that one out, I need a copy of that on LP.

8. HappyCycler

HappyCycler Forum Resident

I bought what I thought was a copy of this on discogs recently, spent quite a bit on it too, turns out it's a 2006 bog standard Atlantic pressing. Gutted! I hope I get a refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.