Nick Lowe-Labour of Lust reissue in '09?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tomd, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Who carries that one (for less than $40) :)

2. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Just ordered it from Amazon for $28. Figured what the heck.

BTW my Pinker and Prouder Than Previous is from 88 not 98,typo.

3. eelkiller

Not bad, Congrats.

4. tomd

tomd Senior Member Thread Starter

It's NOT the same as having the original album,with it's great track sequencing.I'll never forgive Yep Rock for giving us another boring compilation after the great Jesus of Cool remaster.I can only compare this nonsense to what's going on with Neil Young-we can get compilations,we can get new albums, live albums,we can even get Archives-but just to get a decent remaster of a well loved album like Zuma.or Tonight's The Night-is impossible.:realmad:That's why I prefer spending my money on Japanese mini sleeve cds (most SHM).You don't get bonus tracks but you always get a great sounding version of the original album,with great artwork,and titles that FANS ACTUALLY WANT TO BUY.O.K.- rant over!

5. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Thanks.

Still need that Rose Of England, I do have the LP. Bought it in Greece when it came out, it's on RCA I'm having trouble pulling the trigger for $60. Just seems like a lot for 1 disc.

6. eelkiller

Same goes for me for a couple, they are there but for lot of $$. Try a WTB here, someone may have a spare copy.

7. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Both Zuma and Tonight's The Night sound fine on the original CDs.

Back on topic, "Endless Grey Ribbon" is not essential Nick Lowe, imho. "American Squirm" is.

8. cartoonist

cartoonist Forum Resident

Having already bought all of Nick Lowe's albums when they first came out on vinyl, I only bought the Demon CD compilations of 16 All Time Lowes, Nicks Knack, The Wilderness Years, and Basher: the Best of Nick Lowe to supplement my CD collection (plus the Demon version of The Rose of England). I made "needle drop" CD-Rs of the remaining Nick Lowe vinyl LPs I already had. I did have the Columbia CD version of Labour of Lust already and I bought the recent Yep Roc Jesus of Cool CD when it came out.

I'd still love to get a Yep Roc version of Labour of Lust with bonus tracks, though. And, yes, I'd rather have the U.S. version with "American Squirm" included rather than "Endless Grey Ribbon" (although they can feel free to include "Ribbon" as an extra track on the rerelease of "Labour of Lust"). :)

I also feel that "Love So Fine" and "Dose of You" are great Nick Lowe tracks that aren't really dispensable at all - despite what an earlier post said.

9. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Well, I might have been a bit hasty saying that, after all I only had a 27 second sample from Amazon to go by.
    I'd also like to see a remaster of LOL - I only meant in my original post that it's not a total tragedy if it never comes to pass, at least for me.

10. cartoonist

cartoonist Forum Resident

Oh, and for what it's worth, my booklet is still stapled to my Nick Lowe "Doings" box set in case anyone's taking a vote. :)

11. hartonr

hartonr Forum Resident

Just picked up a vinyl copy of Labour of Lust on US Columbia NM condition. It sounds fantastic! I have been looking for awhile for a NM copy got it for $5. First time I have heard this LP and love it already.

12. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Wonderful album. I've got the original Columbia CD, which sounds pretty good, IMO.

13. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Yeah, the US Columbia LP is the way to go for this album. IMHO, the best Rockpile ever sounded in the studio. Great songs too, with the exception of "You Make Me", which still gives me the creeps after all these years...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.