Nick Heyward and Haircut One Hundred

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by red corner, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnabyjames1

barnabyjames1 Forum Resident

Avoid the Camden version of Pelican West (named Pelican West Plus). It has serious drop outs and even loses a channel at one point. An absolute disaster.
    There is a serious lack of anything worthy of a mention soundwise for both NH and Haircut 100. One of England's great lost songwriters.

I have this PW cd. nothing wrong with it on my end, might not be the cae for e very cd, maybe a batch you got or something, mine sounds/plays perfect.

2. joeconn4

joeconn4 Forum Resident

I also have the Camden version and am not picking up the audio glitches you mention. Could you post specifics of areas I might want to listen to more closely.

3. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

My German pressed LP sounds fantastic. This is one of the top (Brit) pop albums of the '80's, IMO - just an utter joy to listen to.

4. ShallowMemory

ShallowMemory Classical Princess

Just altered the metatags on a digital (Lame mp3) copy of the US North of a Miracle cd as the track order is noticeably different to the original UK lp and tape I grew up and playing it back. Perfect summer listening.

5. mds

mds Forum Resident

Bought Pelican West vinyl when it first came out. Copied to cassette and threw it into my Jeep CJ7s deck and went down the shore. I cruised all the streets of LBI, NJ all summer long with the top and doors off of my Jeep as I blasted Pelican West. It was the perfect summer and this was the perfect sound track to that great summer. Many years latter sold all my vinyl and went CD. Had to purchase this Album again and found the Arista UK 1982 version with the Bonus Cuts. Has "Printed in Germany" on it, don't know if this is an important point or not but I think this issue sounds fantastic, very dynamic and clean.

noahjld and Remy like this.
  6. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Hmmm... I have this and I just listened to it. Sounds like an extended version of the same song on the album. Me no hear Haircut 100 nowheres.....

7. chitownjeff

chitownjeff New Member

Just discovered Haircut 100 and this forum - hope they do put out another album. Their old ones are not popular on the net for some reason :(

8. chitownjeff

chitownjeff New Member

...and yes, noahild, I cannot "pm" you.

Guy likes this.
  9. Andy Kenny

Andy Kenny New Member

Oh my goodness, I'd love to get hold of this!
    I met Nick outside a gig in Southampton and had a fairly long chat with him. Nice talkative bloke.
    Gradually (very gradually!) I've been collecting the rare recordings of HC100 over the years, for my own personal listening pleasure - and what a pleasure they are!

10. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

"pm" me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.