Nick Heyward and Haircut One Hundred

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by red corner, Nov 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Since half the songs don't have vocals, it's one of those 'what would have been' things. It's pretty good, for a half baked album.
    I don't think it would have been nearly as successful as the first lp--I don't hear anything as catchy and universally hummable as the two singles. That said, I'm sure I would've bought it and liked it. I play it once in awhile now.

2. Hello
    Thanks for the reaction.
    So you do have a version of the 2nd album?
    It is not by any chance the BruisedFruitCD version? (The contents have been posted by me on the earlier mentioned RateYourMusic)
    If not can you list the actual contents?
    And where in thunderation did you get it?
    My thanks in advance,
    J.

3. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Got the cdr in a trade several years ago, don't remember who. I think he was in Europe. It's probably mp3 files, several other cds he sent were lossy sourced.

4. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

There are rumours that it might be officially released.

5. Trevor_Bartram

Trevor_Bartram Senior Member

American Beat

I just picked up the American Beat reissue of the Pelican West CD for a couple of dollars from DeepDiscount. I just checked and DeepDiscount appear to be sold out now.
    I must say it was a nostalgia trip to hear these tunes again, I believe the first time I heard them was on John Peel in the early 80s, they may have been radio sessions.
    Have fun, Trevor.

6. Nick's discography - collection

First I wanted to thank everyone who helped me with the second Haircut 100 album: "Half-Baked : the Lost Album".
    If anyone else has any information on this album, the various(?) releases, how did you get it and the fate of the BruisedFruit label please let me know.
    Also received one or two questions about my collection. Although I posted a complete discography of Duncan Browne on RateYourMusic
    http://rateyourmusic.com
    I just started with Nick Heyward's discography.
    Albums: 6 regular ones, 5 in expanded edition as well. Only my favourite "I Love You Avenue" has not been expanded. (I play it every day as it is my wake up call.) I have not found the "From Monday to Sunday" LP yet but I do have "Words and Music".
    Maxi CDsingles: 14 exist:
    Tell Me Why (very rare)
    You're My World - European version
    You're My World - US version with different contents
    New Songs (rare)
    He Doesn't Love You Like I Do - European version
    He Doesn't Love You Like I Do - US version with different contents
    Kite
    Hard Days Nick
    The World I
    The World II
    Rollerblade
    The Man You Used To Be
    Today
    Stars In Her Eyes
    That is all there is ...
    Compilation CDs: 5 exist or 6 as the most recent one is a double. Confusion reigns. A list on request.
    Vinyl: I have almost the whole regular vinyl catalogue including the Japan only single, "My Pure Lady".
    Less regular vinyl are:
    "The King Biscuit Flower Hour 12/11/83 starring The Romantics/Nick Heyward" with a live concert at The Paradise in Boston. I won it on EBay. (Yes, I made it to Popsike again.)
    A Nick Heyward picture disc with an interview. The dealer told me it was the only copy ever pressed... (I am only certain I was severely overcharged.)
    Live appearances: Not much; just on the extended album CDs, the above mentioned King Biscuit Lp and an unauthorized CD of Haircut 100 on the Bruised Fruit label: "Spring Tour '82"(According to Saltyka Live in New York 1982). I still need Haircut 100 "Live at the Rox. Southgate, London (31.11.1981)" and many more.
    Unauthorized stuff: CDs only. Next to "Half-Baked" and "Spring Tour":
    Haircut One Hundred : "The Complete 12" Collection", listed on RateYourMusic
    Nick Heyward : "Strange Life". Also listed on RYM. Highpoints: A Song, My Pure Lady and Night Summer Stream. (Magnificent!)
    Nick Heyward : "The 12"Collection". Soon to be listed on RYM. (Extraordinary!)
    All 5 CDs are available from Wes Holley.
    Oddities : Only own Edward Ball "Catholic Guilt". More do exist..
    Videos : "Nick Heyward Part 1 : Featuring Haircut 100 in "Milkfilm"." Listed and reviewed on RYM.
    "Nick Heyward : Today", on VHS
    "Haircut 100 & Nick Heyward : The Music Video Anthology & 2004 Reunion Documentary", on unauthorized DVD.
    I believe that is all I possess. However, I am also still looking for the 2 collaborations:
    Nick Heyward & Greg Ellis : "Open Sesame Seed"
    Nick Heyward & India Dupre: "The Mermaid and the Lighthouse Keeper".
    So far I have not even been able to find out on which label these CDs were released..
    Would be pleased to answer any questions. J.

7. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

This is, in my opinion, also the best version of that album. :agree:

jsayers likes this.
  8. My copy, the Bruised Fruit CD, sold by Wes Holley, is probably not MP3 as I could play it on my old CD player who rejects MP3. Anyhow, the sound quality is quite good. Small wonder as Wes is a sound engineer... J.

9. Hi
    Of course I heard the re-issues of "From Monday to Tuesday" and "North of a Miracle"
    And I listened to the expanded editions of "Tangled" and "The Apple Bed" as well. They are great!
    I think it passing strange nobody mentioned the last two. Is distribution out there that bad? I live on the Continent and had to order my copies from Britain through EBay.
    Best and all season's greetings!

10. So all in all which is the best CD version of North of a Miracle? I've never purchased this album before and I've been listening to a little Haircut 100 lately.

11. LaserKen

LaserKen Senior Member

I own 4(!). The original WG pressings are best to my ears. The 2 cd reissue with the live set and bonus tracks is essential. What a great record!

12. Hi folks
    Today I bought a demo tape from the Roundhouse Recording Studio. It contains 4 completely unknown songs: Miles from London, Hold on, Ceder glen and It's not a film, all by Haircut 100.
    Now I am pretty much acquainted with the vast majority of the unreleased songs with Nick Heyward. I have at least seen most bootleg items floating around on the Internet and own much of it.
    Thus I suspect this is a demo of Haircut 100, without Nick, recorded after the third album: Paint and Paint.
    Any information would be most wellcome indeed. J.

13. Conrad

Conrad New Member

Cherry Red are appalling. Their rerelease of The Anvil was a huge missed opportunity.

ippudo likes this.
  14. Conrad

Conrad New Member

Ooh where can I get hold of this???

15. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Send me a "pm" and I'll sort you out.

16. Conrad

Conrad New Member

Track 11 on one of the reissues, the one from around 2001 - Whistle down the Wind 12" - is infact not the Nick 12" at all, it's actually the Haircut 100 version of the song, which is fantastic to have.

17. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

18. Guy

Guy New Member

Is there anyone who could help me to get the files from Half-Baked ? Everything on the web seems dead these days.

Thanks in anticipation

19. journeyman461

journeyman461 Well-Known Member

Hi - new to this so forgive me - but also desperately trying to track down the 'half-baked' cd
    Any info as to where to download or purchase a copy would be very much appreciated :)

20. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

"pm" me.

21. Ilovesnoopy

Ilovesnoopy New Member

Hi,

I'm after the same CD/download of the Haircut 100 Half Baked album - can you help please?!

Thanks. :)

22. Guy

Guy New Member

Can't seem to pm you... but would love to hear half-baked...

23. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

"pm" me.

24. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Not read all this thread, but Nick's North Of A Miracle album is utterly fantastic. One of the most beautifully produced albums I've heard.

red corner and noahjld like this.
  25. noahjld

noahjld Der Wixxer

Anyone else having trouble with "pm's"?

Guy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.