new Who album coming!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by peerke, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Pete's attitude has always confused me. When I watched this segment in The Kids are Alright, I thought, man, is he ever cynical! I suppose as an intellectual he may have developed a certain contempt for the teen audience for pop music, but I can never really tell whether or not he really means what he says. Obviously he had bought into the "flipping loud" aesthetic on some level, as you can tell by the way they performed over the years. He still has this problem apparently which compounds problems that typically come up when statements are taken out of context. Case in point is the recent Mojo interview, where he felt compelled to write a letter of apology about what he said concerning Bob Dylan and the Band. He is a colorful and interesting/entertaining character, though. I'll give him that.

2. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

You're welcome. I didn't see your post. So, I played the fool. :o Not for the first time. :p

3. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

He said they were "flipping lousy." It was their playing he was commenting on, not the sound of the albums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.