New Update on Genesis 5.1 Reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by World of Genesis, Jan 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Why the personal attack?:rolleyes:

2. RemarkablyInsincere

RemarkablyInsincere Active Member

I find it sad and shocking that anyone would spend their life savings on a CD player. Your poor wife.

3. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I think Mal was kidding.:eek: Hey, ya can't bring it with ya when ya go.

4. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Not sure if your system does surround but I built mine from the beginning so that it played surround music. I did not piece together components and speakers to do the 5.1. So if you are only talking stereo (which I will likely never hear in this or any other 5.1 music title) it means little to me in the context of this release because much of the greater detailing seems to be revealed in the surround speakers and the center which has Phil there in great detail. No lyrics are required to understand what he is singing. At the same time if your speakers are floor standing and the center is matched perfectly in drivers (I'm not taking those small home theater speakers I am talking larger speakers), Phil's vocals are clear but they do not seem to be only coming from the center speaker (which they are actually in most tracks). They kind of float around the center of the room.

5. RemarkablyInsincere

RemarkablyInsincere Active Member

And by the way... just because you spend 10 times more on a system, doesn't make it 10 times better.

6. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

This is true. My system is was mostly purchased used/upgraded/trade-ups, over a 25 year span. It wasn't like I went plunked down cash for the whole system new retail. I spent much time waiting and searching for the right deals to arise. It took me ten years before I found my power amps at a price I could afford.

7. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Put it this way, discs I found impossible to enjoy on my old playback system are OK now. The ones I could previously just about bear are amazing. The DCCs are unbelievable!

8. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Sounds like you'd get on with her very well :D

It may be sad to you but it makes my life much more enjoyable. Why sit around listening to a cheap system with savings in the bank when you can have something much better?!

I disagree.

What does "10 time better" mean anyway?

To me any noticable improvement is worth every penny.

By spending the money I had on a decent playback system I have effectively upgraded every single one of my CDs significantly - thats worth a huge ammount to me.

9. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

:unhunh:

Exactly my philosophy :righton:

10. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Right - I've been at this upgrade malarkey for 20 odd years. You don't need to be Rockefeller to get the best gear if you are dedicated to your hobby.....

11. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

And now, back to your regularly scheduled program.....

:wave:

12. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Thanks Mal.

If The thread crapping and personal attcks continue this thread is history. Real quick.

Carry on.

13. Dave D

Dave D Done!

My apologies for blowing a gasket.

14. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Yesh.

Sidebar Bump: Why is this? I mean, the pre-order for the 6-disc box. I thought it was already out!

15. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

It's not your fault.

I don't think MAL is ignorant. I suggest that he and I both are. I will never achieve a stereo playback system like he has. It is no doubt fantastic. On the other hand he will never achieve a surround music system as good as mine. Why? Because we both know how to go about building systems in these 2 separate realms so that they sound fantastic. My stereo playback will never be as good as his. I concede.

16. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

:righton:

17. peteham

peteham Senior Member

:edthumbs:

18. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.