New RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS "Stadium Arcadium" 4 LP WB set mastered by Hoffman/Gray

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poe_man

poe_man Senior Member

Ok, cool. Whatever. He should've started a thread about his hatred of Rush's all digital, super compressed recordings, instead of posting them in an all analog RHCP thread . I really doubt any member of Rush is losing sleep over RHCP's use of analog. :)

2. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Fair enough chap, it's just this is friendly place which is part of its appeal, and I'd have been a tad offended if someone posted that about something I'd said.

On with the show...

JJ

3. poe_man

poe_man Senior Member

I would too, if it were in response to something intelligent I had posted. I agree this is a friendly place to hang out, that's why I come here every day. I just didn't see DC's post's as being necessary to this thread. :cool:

And now, back to the program.

4. mikedean

mikedean New Member

Just wondering if Steve could give us an update on how things are going when he has a spare few minutes?

Are the tapes a joy to work with? The release of this vinyl is going to make my year. (Yes I have a dull life!)

5. Chili

Chili New Member

Just wanted to say thanks a LOT on my behalf. You have no idea how important this release will be to so many RHCP fans. Ive been reading posts here and on the red hot chili peppers official site ....it appears to me that the gap is being bridged between music lovers and audiophiles quickly. Because Stadium Arcadium is pretty much contemporary music with mostly young fans, I was surprised at how many are upset about the CD's quality. People who love this music should have the priveledge of hearing it in great quality, and hopefully this LP release will give us that. Im SO excited!!! :edthumbs:

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Going well. This is going to be a killer vinyl release; Kevin and I are most proud of how this is turning out!

7. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Steve,

If sales volume exceeds expectations for this LP release, does that give you any more pull with Warner on go-aheads for other LP releases mastered by you and Kevin? Or, do they just come to you guys when they feel like it and offer up the project?

8. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Sam, you know how it goes...IMO, money talks. If the powers that be, see profit, then the chances are good that they release more lps.

9. Dave D

Dave D Done!

The cd did well in Canada and in the US as well:

10. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I wonder why they don't actually come to them for regular CD mastering jobs? It seems Steve and Kevin generally do "specialized" vinyl issues or audiophile CD masters. They (or Steve) never seem to get, as of late, regular large scale release mastering jobs. That would be great if they did.

11. t3hSheepdog

t3hSheepdog Forum Artist

this may be the turn of a tide
    if it is well recieved it cannot hurt business

12. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Is there a release date for this yet?

13. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Steve......will.....announce.....it

14. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

But when? ;)

15. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

I would hope that this is a beginning of a trend. To me, in my opinion, it looks like they are marketing to two different audiences - the iPod generation who wants everything LOUD and people like us - who want dynamic range and all the rest of that good stuff! :)

16. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

By the way Steve I believe the Smashing Pumpkins are now on Warner and they are working on a new album, any chance you could master their's as well? :)

17. When the vinyl comes out I'm going to write a detailed comparison of the vinyl against the CD version and post it on the official RHCP forums. I'm expecting the quality of the vinyl to be brilliant, and hopefully it will encourage some people to buy the vinyl as well in order to get the definitive version of the album. If fans of the band start to realise that the vinyl sounds a lot better than the CDs, then maybe they will start to ask for better CDs.
    I'm still wondering who was behind having a proper vinyl version made from the analog tapes. The last 4 or 5 RHCP albums have been released on vinyl, but as far as I know they were all cut from digital tape. Hopefully John Frusciante was behind it, if so maybe RHCP fans like me can inspire the band to reissue more premium vinyl by appealing to John's love of the format.
    There are inbetween people as well, there are lots of people that just want a better sounding version of the album, including for their iPods. :D

But I agree that there is a perception among the fans that the only reason people say the vinyl will be better is because they are biased in favour of that format. They don't realise that the quality of the mastering is probably more important than the end format.

18. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Did you hear Zwan? :hurl:

19. Spaceboy

Spaceboy Senior Member

Yes, hopefully he's learnt from that, and his solo release...

20. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Hi Steve,

I'll be staying in LA from 9-11th June, before flying back to UK.
    Any chance that either lp set will hit the shops by then?
    I'd love to bring a set back with me, especially given the current exchange rate. ;)

JJ

21. t3hSheepdog

t3hSheepdog Forum Artist

[​IMG][​IMG] ---------> [​IMG]

22. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

Sorry to have to tell you this, but the smiley-singer is singing out of tune. ;)

23. The scarier thing is that Billy Corgan started posting to the Zwan forum saying that was how the CD was meant to sound! From memory his term was "loud at any volume"...

24. Gazsta

Gazsta New Member

U maybe spot on there chap. Seeing as I`ve got RHCP "Live at Hyde park" Comprising of 27 tracks on 4 discs at 33 rpm.

25. Gazsta

Gazsta New Member

Any chance of a 1st pressing on 180gram. Am seeing the Guys mid July in London. Will it be available by then, and where can I get a copy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.