New definitive 45RPM BLUE NOTE JAZZ reissue series mastered by Kevin G. & Steve H.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

thanks for the post. :righton: i especially love your story about the fella who said to do it 'for the love of the music'. guys like that will *never* be satisfied. at any rate, i can't wait to see & hear the fruits of your labor.

2. BRush

BRush Senior Member

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

4. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

Thanks for the update, Steve. I wish great success with the series. :)

Here's a question (for you and I guess for Joe as well): Are Music Matters and Analogue Productions working together in any manner (except of course the fact that both hired you and Kevin)?

For instance, will there be any similarities in terms of packaging, label, design/layouts, and the like? More importantly, will there be any differences in philosophy in terms of musical presentation? (To put it bluntly, are these guys meddlesome in any way? ;) :D)

:wave:

5. Steve Hoffman

Working together? Only in the sense that they made sure not to pick the same titles. The sound will be the same though; bank on that. No idea about artwork, packaging, etc.

6. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

As long as the sound stays the same... :) Great, thanks. :wave:

7. jdw

jdw Senior Member

Musicmattersjazz.com has posted what seems to be a slightly corrected list of titles compared to Mr. Hoffman's original post (Sept. 12 2007 - post #101 in this thread). A few of the differences I saw;

- "Out To Lunch" was mentioned twice in Steve's original list. "BLP 1527 Thad Jones - The Magnificent Thad Jones" is now listed in place of one the duplicate listings. And "Out To Lunch" is still to be released in the first 45 rpm series.

- the list of 63 titles has been jumbled a bit to put all of them in catalogue order.

I didn't see any other changes, but additions and corrections to my post are welcome.

The music matters list is at;

http://www.musicmattersjazz.com/titles2.html

One of these days I am going to buy Michael Cuscuna and Michel Ruppli's massive discography "The Blue Note Label" hardcover book. Until then, when I need info on the various Blue Note series (5000, 1500, 4000 , BLP versus BST, etcetera), I use Peter Losin's site. Very well-written and concise;

http://www.plosin.com/milesAhead/BluenoteLabel.html

Thanks again to Mr.'s Rambach, Harley, Lundvall, Cuscuna, Hoffman, and Gray for all their work on this series.

John
    Vancouver bc

8. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

wheew there for a minute I thought I was reading that "Out To Lunch " wasnt being done in this batch.

Just listened to the Thad Jones.. nice addition it seems :)

9. jdw

jdw Senior Member

I see your point. I've edited my original post to try to make it more clear. And I'm also looking forward to the Thad Jones title.

10. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

11. adhoc

adhoc Gentlemen Prefer Stereo

Yep, I sent them an email about "Out To Lunch" being repeated in that list, and they changed it.

12. jstraw

jstraw Forum Resident

Is it known whether subscriptions have eaten up the limited quantities available for these?

13. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Me thinks not.

What, the Fantasy ones were 1,000 copies per, only? They lingered for a while before they got sold out, and only certain titles. The BN's are 2,000.

Just watch out for Blue Train. That one will be scarce the same year it's released, for sure.

14. alanb

alanb Senior Member

Music Matters will soon be accepting pre-orders for our first six titles. Each title will be issued in a limited edition quantity of 2,500

15. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

Just noticed that at the bottom of this blurb in Stereophile http://blog.stereophile.com/cedia2007/090707bluenote/ Mike Quinn mentions having received a test pressing of the Parlan LP over a month ago....yet I've not seen a review from him, or anybody else. Is this simply a function of my poor online search skills....or not? I'm not at all familiar with the whole 'reviewer' end of things, but am curious as to how long it typically takes reviews to start popping-up once the test/sample product has been received?

16. Just heard Andrew Hill's Point of Departure for the first time today. Please reissue his titles!

17. Voltron

Voltron Member

Subscription Confirmed!

Just got my confirmation email from Ron Rambach at Music Matters and immediately formalized my subscription to the Blue Note series. The first titles are supposed to ship in the near future, and I can't wait! :goodie:

18. Just got mine, too...YIPPEEEE!!!!!

19. CONFIRMED

gonna be a fun ride.....HANG ON!!!!!!!

BEEP BEEP

20. pbda

pbda Forum Resident

Ditto...

21. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Same here...

22. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

23. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

Still Nada!

24. Voltron

Voltron Member

How did you sign up in the first instance? I would email or call Ron Rambach. He has been amazingly responsive and friendly. Give that a shot. Good luck!

25. Steve Hoffman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.