New Audio Fidelity 24 Karat Gold CD series: Your questions and suggestions here....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Am The Lolrus

I Am The Lolrus New Member

seconded, and preferably get the proper UK mix please with the loud synth on starman!!!

2. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

To be honest, I probably wouldn't bother if he did. The 37XXX Steely Dan CDs sound great, IMO, and wouldn't really benefit much from Steve's mastering techniques. Frankly, I don't think there would be much of a difference. It'd be like the School's Out CD, except maybe even moreso. Yes, the AF of School's Out sounds better than the standard WB CD, especially when it comes to the bass and drums, and I definitely noticed the difference the first time I played the CD, but I wouldn't say it's a considerable difference, like there is with Pet Sounds or Heartbeat City. It'd be even more subtle with the Steely Dan CDs. The bass would probably be better, as would the vocals, but I don't think it would be enough to justify rebuying them for around $20. Now, if it was one of the two Steely Dan CDs I didn't own, I'd probably just go ahead and take the leap, but I don't if I would for the ones I already own.

If Mofi did some SACDs, however, my interest may be piqued due to the benefits of the format, which may justify the difference.

3. I Am The Lolrus

I Am The Lolrus New Member

oh, or station to station.

4. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
    Black Sabbath - Master Of Reality

man those two would be a dream come true!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.