New 2cd Phil Spector import

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jb foreverchange, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson New Member

2. Charlie990

Charlie990 Senior Member

I purchased my UK Spector set from Amazon .com just becasue CD Universe was charging $60 at the time. Since then CD Universe is back down to under $30. I would buy from either place. Charlie

3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I just bought the 2CD set from amazon.com for $28. I think I might even have this in another format (don't ask), but I want to hear these cds.

4. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

Additions to what? Are they rereleasing the single CD collections of Darlene Love, the Crystals and the Ronettes that were on Abcko? Those, and the Christmas album and the box set, is all that's been released thus far, or did I miss something?

They need to release the Ronettes album in stereo and mono plus an additional CD of the rare tracks, the Crystals and Bobby Sox albums . . . basically reissue everything on the Phil spector wall of sound vinyl vols. 1 through 6, plus the Darlene Love masters album and the second ronettes volume.

5. jb foreverchange

jb foreverchange Active Member Thread Starter

I recommended I Can Hear Music, Oh I Love You, & Girls Can Tell , by The Ronettes, Take Me As I Am & Playing For Keeps, by Darlene Love, Dear [Here comes My Baby], Baby [I Love You], I Shook The World, & Jimmy Baby By Bobby Soxx & The Bluejeans.all great stuff!

6. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Okay, I broke down and bought this from an online retailer and got in the mail today...

I have had "Back To Mono" since Christmas 1991 and it's seriously my most prized music item but I have to say I have never heard these songs like this. I didn't realize how compressed BTM is...SHEESH!!!

I only got the single disc version, not the one that comes with "A Christmas Gift.." since I figure there's a major remastering of the entire Spector canon coming.

But...DAMN! :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.