NAT KING COLE in special Vintage MONO MIXES from Analogue Productions on SACD/CD!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

The thing is, Chris, Lee Gillette didn't yell "playback" too many times on a take he didn't think was the one. A few times they would play back a take 1 to hear the balance, etc. but he never really slated that as "playback". Instead he would say "Let's hear that back".

So in the case of "You'll Never Know" (and after two days of listening to the 14 takes) I'm sure that take 7 is the one or would have been the one if the thing had actually been released in 1957...

2. musictappy

musictappy Forum Resident

Thanks for giving us an inside look at how this release is coming together Steve. As a long-time naive music lover, I always just assumed that when tapes were recorded, there would be production notes attached that would make going back to the tapes and finding correct takes easy for all concerned. I guess that is just the anal organized personality in me coming out though!

As someone who loves this great music, I appreciate the forensic work that you are putting in to this project to make sure that it is the best that can possibly be issued. I applaud your dedication, and also Chad for wanting to release these titles. I can't wait to hear them!

Pat

CBackley likes this.
  3. Steve Hoffman

Pat,

The 15 of us in the world who really care about such things will get something neat but let's face it, most people don't give a darn. (Shrugs)..

CBackley likes this.
  4. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Steve, this is the thread I come back to on a daily basis, eagerly awating new contributions from you and the other Nat experts here. As much as I'd love to hear these releases now, I'll wait for all parties involved to do their thing the right way and release these when they are truly ready.

What a treat this will be! :love:

Million thanks to Chad and all at Analogue Productions for making these happen! :righton:

CBackley likes this.
  5. Steve Hoffman

Simon, you're one of the 15!

6. triple

triple Senior Member

I realize these are going to be something like the Living Stereo SACD's, but I did not know there was a third layer involved. Isn't that hi-res content embedded/ shared on the same SACD layer, I mean both stereo/mono for SACD?

Besides, if there were triple layers, you would expect me to know about it, heh. ;)

Goran

7. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

:D

I'll be getting at least three copies of each title. One for me and the other two will be Christmas Stocking stuffing... :angel:

8. musictappy

musictappy Forum Resident

Unfortunately, I know that this is true. That's why I so appreciate the work that you do, and also Chad with Analogue Productions, and the other small labels around that are still willing to put good music out there for those of us who do care.

At a time when so much music is just manufactured "product," it is good to know that there are people out there that are passionate about lasting music that was made as "art," by people who were passionate about what they did. In my little world, this is the true music that matters and what I listen to on a daily basis.

Pat

9. zurge

zurge Forum Resident

Make that "16" sir. I have been wishing for these to be mastered by yourself forever...!!! Although I love everything that's being release by MM, AP, and AF that you are mastering, these NKC releases are at the top of my list. I've been saving my pennies eagerly...!!!!

Once again (broken record, here), thank you Steve, Kevin, Chad and AP.

10. Steve Hoffman

16 it is!

CBackley likes this.
  11. Starwanderer

Starwanderer Senior Member

17, please :D

12. salleno

salleno Forum Resident

18 here!

13. Steve Hoffman

18. Do I hear 19?

14. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Yes, I hear 19 (here) !

With all due respect to Lennon, McCartney, Harrison & Starr I'm looking forward to these NKC discs way more than the Beatles stuff

15. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Steve & Chad, I'm looking forward to these new LP issues from you! Last year I found this one, in it's original NM SEALED condition, for $5 bucks and I LOVE it!

Chris C

16. Andreas

Andreas Senior Member

I am sure these will sell more than 19 alone on this board.

17. dale 88

dale 88 Errand Boy for Rhythm

I have never seen a copy of the original "Story" that looked that good! Evidently most people loved it and played it a lot.

The LP packages coming from Chad at Analogue Productions should be something to treasure.

18. GroovinGarrett

GroovinGarrett Mrs. Stately's Garden

:eek: :eek: I've never seen one that nice! Completely jealous!!!

Mark me down as #20. I'm in for all of these, and I'm loving the running commentary from our host.

19. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Count me in as number 21 in the crowd. Any idea when these will be ready for pre-order?

Todd

20. Steve Hoffman

No idea but should know soon.

Recut a side of the AFTER MIDNIGHT bonus tracks at 45 RPM last week (the old parts got boo-booed.) Really great sounding mono stuff. True "Breath Of Life" in spades.

21. zurge

zurge Forum Resident

Absolutely. Steve, if you have any other notes or just things you want to share about these releases while we wait for them, please feel free! :righton:

22. Steve Hoffman

At the RMAF Chad said around March or so.

23. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Thanks Steve! Can't wait! :righton:

24. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident

Which year? :D

25. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Cheeky! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.