My initial review of the Sony SCD-C2000ES SACD/CD changer.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by KeithH, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jose Garcia

Jose Garcia New Member

My unit has reached the 100 hours mark today.

I have 5 disc inside the unit playing continiously since it arrive. Michael Buble, Miles with Cotrane ( SACD) , David Snachez ( SACD) , Lee Ritnour and Dian Krall.

The voices of Bubble and Krall are clear and strong with good precense and natural sound. The soundstage is wide and deep with instruments coming outside the speakers. The air between instrument in Bubble's disc are impressive. The trumpet and sax on Miles/Coltrane disc are brassy and "bunpy" ( like KeithH said). Bass is very good too and better than expected. Strings on LR guitar sound crisp. The piano notes sound a bit thinner and could get better for my taste, but it is still breaking-in.

I also put a disc from Andreas Bocceli, which my sister in law and other relatives heard, and it was a shocker. Wow!! He is coming to PR but the least expensive ticket is $350.00 ( almost the same I paid for the 2000ES )....The fact that we were hearing his voice and the way he moves you was a good sign of how this unit plays...Right now, is better than my previous system ( Modified NAD C540/CI MSB Link/Monarchy DIP 24-96/Monolithic Sound HC-2 PS). We found ourselves hearing his performance, not the system.

I was told that this unit gets warmer with more break-in. Right now, even when I like its presentation, it is a little forward and agressive with some music..not to bad point. I will keep it running for a few more days and have it breakin-in for about 240 hours until I can get it to a pair of friends systems.

I wonder how would react to a few mods????

Jose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.