Most UNDER rated Neil Young record?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cassius, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 905

905 Senior Member

That's the one released around '96, correct? Great live album.

2. 51nocaster

51nocaster Senior Member

Count me in as another big fan of "Tonight's the Night," though I don't think it is still "underrated." What it is--is one of the most frequently "still sealed" records I see in the shops.

3. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Well said. Nothing gets me going like Act Of Love. That riff is titanic. I love the way this album was recorded. I wish I had a band that sounded like that. The 2 pump organ songs are great too.

4. I purchased the "Greendale" DVD-A, listened once, and never again. Based on receiving a few votes, I am going to give it another chance. "Tonight's the Night" and "On the Beach" are hardly underrated at this point in my opinion, both are highly regarded for Neil Young albums based on everything I have read. Now, "Greendale" if it turns out to be much better than I expect, could be a good choice, it is not at all highly regarded based on everything I have seen and heard!

Chris

5. innercircle

innercircle Forum Resident

Yeah Sleep With Angels is also my vote here.

6. All Music Guide has Zuma w/ 4.5 stars out of 5.
    Robert Christgau gave it an A-. Mind you he also gave Trans an A-. :confused: :laugh:

Time Fades Away - loved the album from the first time I played it back in the day.

At the time of its release, Time Fades Away was poorly received in comparison to its predecessor, missing the Top 20 and gaining few critical accolades.

7. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

Sleeps with Angels was very highly regarded when it came out; how can it be considered underrated?

8. innercircle

innercircle Forum Resident

Probably when it came out, but these days few people talks about it, is barely quoted in the main discography by Neil Young, to me that indicates a clearly form of underrate it.

9. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

Year of the Horse is from 1997 I think. I'll make a bold statement and say it blows away Live Rust.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.