More thoughts on Tapestry SACD...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Jamie Tate, Nov 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member Thread Starter

Did you paint your disc with a green marker or something? I hear those can really change the sound. :D

2. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

Jeff,

FWIW, My unscientific ears find that the 1999 remaster CD, the 1999 SACD and the most recent stereo portion of the Multichannel SACD each sound a little different. That being said, they all sound better than the orginal 1980's CD or the Gold CD. Tapestry is great music.

All the best,

Gary

3. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, it is. :) I didn't mean to imply that the opinion of members who had already posted on this thread weren't of interest; I only meant to request additional opinions from other people.

4. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

No green pens or other tweaks here, my friend. Hell, I don't even have fancy interconnects. :shh:

5. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

OK you guys, before I let this thread die I would like to add one more comment that is really more of a thread crap than anything else. I listened to the multi-channel SACD twice yesterday, once in stereo and once in 5.1. I really prefer the 5.1 mix over the stereo mix. I think the 5.1 mix really opens up this classic album, and I like the effects on Carole's vocals. Now I know that all the purists will attack me for these insane thoughts, but I personallly will listen to the 5.1 mix over the stereo mix on this disc anyday.

6. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

7. reidc

reidc Senior Member

No Artwork and in a CD- Envelope!!! How special! A little too "naked" for me.

I already have the 2-Channel of this, but will probably grab the MC version just to hear the surround.

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.