More BLUE NOTE MANIA! New Acoustic Sounds 45 RPM 180 gram vinyl cut by Steve & Kevin

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I just ordered an original Blue Note stereo of The Sidewinder last week, I'll report back when it arrives.

2. sungshinla

sungshinla Vinyl and Forum Addict

It sounds great.

3. Solaris

Woohoo!

4. mono.edition

mono.edition Forum Resident

Nice that "Out To Lunch" is one of those on the list. How about Andrew Hill's Point Of Departure?

Glad to see that many titles in Connoisseur CD Series will be reissued on 45rpm vinyl, but the folks seem to forget Jackie McLean's Destination Out....

5. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

If she's like my wife, probably not. ;)

6. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

:love: :love:

7. Solaris

I got stiffed on this by the seller, currently looking for another copy. Argh. At least I got my money back. Once I find a copy I'll try to remember to post here.

8. pmccaffrey

pmccaffrey Forum Resident

For years I belonged to the Columbia Record Club Jazz subscription series. You would receive two CD's every month along with a booklet. I loved getting music by artists I would probably not have tried otherwise. Since loining this forum, I started going back through this collection and was surprised at the # of OJC's and Dennis Drake mastered CD's that were in this group. All of that to say that I am excited that I got my confirmation email from Music Matters this morning and will be confirming as soon as I line up an increase to my home equity line.

9. adhoc

adhoc Gentlemen Prefer Stereo

Ouch, I'm sorry to hear about that. :(

You may want to consider picking up a King Records issue. Apparently they sound at least as good as an original, and are likely to be in much better shape.

10. Solaris

Yeah I've been looking, haven't found one yet. I wonder when the master went missing though.

11. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member

Does anyone know which titles Acoustic Sounds is going to be releasing first?

12. nin

nin Forum Resident

And when?

13. With the holiday season fast approaching, I had to limit myself to "Blue Train" and "Somethin' Else"! To quote our host and mastering guru,"Jeez!":agree:

14. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Geez with a G.

15. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

I just subscribed to this series yesterday by phone. The person I spoke with at Acoustic Sounds said best guesstimate right now for first releases was sometime in January, but that was subject to change. She didn't mention which titles would be first, maybe someone else has info?

16. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Our first cutting session for Chad's ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS Blue Note series is this Monday and Tuesday.

Should be fun; lots of press going to be there...

17. jstraw

jstraw Forum Resident

Don't let them distract you!

18. Oyama

Oyama Senior Member

Thanks for the update, Tony!

19. MPSS

MPSS Hyperactive!

Hi, wonderful time for us vinyl collectors! (I don't know if our respectives ones think the same!)

A question that I think I share with some of you is whether we will have in the future an overlap between both Blue Notes 45 rpm reissues, AP and MM, is there a chance that the MM series is going to continue after the 63 reissues?

miguel

20. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

The AP and Music Matters are two separate campaigns.I dont think there will be an overlap. And from what I gather the reissue series is suppose to be here for quiet sometime.I understand Ron and Joe to be very interested in making this a long term program.They certainly have my support.

21. snaggvovve

snaggvovve New Member

Can't afford them all.:sigh:
    Got to get me an Art Blakey album though...:)

22. mike_c

mike_c Forum Resident

Anyone have an update on what the first two releases will be in this series?

23. Is there any way to get a hold of these in Europe?

Shipping costs from the US are prohibitively high.

24. Claude

Claude Senior Member

deleted

25. PhillyFan

PhillyFan Forum Resident

Any word on when these will begin to ship. Also has anyone been contacted by Acoustic Sounds for their billing info?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.