Moody Blues SACD's on spincds.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sjohns, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Forum Resident

I checked Deepdiscountcd after reading the latest posts on this thread and they are still saying April 3.

2. sherrill50

sherrill50 Well-adapted Melomaniac

I am pleased to let you all know that the status of my order for all of these at CD-Wow has changed overnight from "Preorder" to "Pending Despatch". Sounds positive to me!

3. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

Mine too. Maybe they're on track for an April 3rd release. Guess we'll see.

4. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

CD Universe has JUST changed to April 11...

5. I suspected these would become "vaporware." Let's see how far back the release dates get pushed. I'm not holding my breath . . .

6. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

Well they have to come out soon - there's people that already have advance copies.

7. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I liked it as well.

8. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Forum Resident

Universal UK was forced to delay the release another 7 days because of production problems, NOT any arbitrary date delay. Like any responsible company, they want to have enough stock on hand to fill all the preorders, which have been skyrocketing in number. Sheesh! you guys....Murphy's Law happens and sometimes it's just beyond their control. I'm certainly sure they really don't want to have to release on the same week as a Beatles box, but that's just the way it appears to be playing out. So you're just gonna have to wait an extra 175 hours....like it's the end of the world....not! Why would you be personally offended by someone trying to do their job well???? Does your very existence depend on the release of these discs? I'm all for being a fan, even a fanatic of artists, but excess fanaticism has the air of fragrant flatulence....

9. luckett

luckett Forum Resident

Well said......

10. OK, we'll see how long it takes . . . Any word on whether DOFP is the original mix, or is it the remix again?

11. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

Didn't someone on this board get an advance copy of Sly & The Family Stone Live at the Fillmore?

12. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

Ah! Good to know. I'd much rather that they get it right, than to receive a faulty disc!

13. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

Pcain, if I've understood the news correctly the delay is not about correcting the quality of the disk, but of having enough copies to respond to the inital demand.

14. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

Unfortunately, the guy at Higher & Higher Magazine didn't mention anything about this in his review, but then again, maybe he didn't know to listen for it!

15. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I find this interesting. The labels feel that there is "no market" for this type of release, yet when they announce a limited release in the UK only, they have to delay it because of the high demand.

Funny.

I think they underestimate the market. After all, we can't buy stuff if it's not out there to buy. Put the Steely Dans, the next batch of Eltons, these 5 MB discs (plus the other titles) out there, and I bet they sell.

Try and find a Layla SACD lately?

16. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

They probably didn't anticipate so many people ordering from other countries.

17. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

That had to be the hottest selling SACD of all time. A local Media Play (when it was still open) had gotten in about a dozen of them, and the next time I was there, about 2 weeks later, there were none.

I know of no stores here that have it, but I still see some Billy Joel Strangers and all Stones titles.

18. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

Yeah -- when it comes to hi-rez titles, I don't mess around any more. If I want it, I find the dough to buy it as close to its date of release as possible. I don't want to miss out on SACDs like I missed out on MFSLs and DCCs. Glad I picked up Layla the day it was released. Plan to do the same with these Moody Blues discs.

19. sherrill50

Precisely why I'm buying this Moodies set now. I don't even own an SACD player or 5.1 system yet. But when I 'get there', I don't want to hear that these are "long gone". Someday, I want to be able to listen to these recordings in surround, without having to take out a second mortgage to do it.

On the repeated delays, if Universal would prefer to sell these on a subscription basis, they should just do it and quit beating round the bush. Put a fixed release date on it for heavens sake and, if they run out, press more. The fate of latecomers everywhere is to get in line...

20. sherrill50

As of this morning, Arpil 3rd, My CD-Wow order has been updated to show that two of the Moody Blues SACD's have shipped: Days of Future Past and In Search of the Lost Chord.

Hope springs eternal!

- Rich

21. barzzz

barzzz Forum Resident

At a local topps supermarket, here in Rochester, NY, I found a layla sacd in the bargain cd bin for 9.99. It was the only sacd

22. texquad

texquad Senior Member

I just got an email from them that my copy of "Lost Chord" shipped too!

23. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

Yeah! Glad to hear these are shipping! I was going to try and pick these up at one of the last independent brick + mortar record stores in Minneapolis tomorrow, but if they don't have them I'll order online tomorrow night and hope I get them by the end of the week.

24. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Just got the same email's from CDWow.

25. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I just got the same message from CD-WOW. :goodie:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.