Moody Blues SACD's on spincds.com

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sjohns, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Harley

Uncle Harley Active Member

I found the 1980s cds to be flat, Maybe Justin was annoyed at not being involved in the remastering.

2. emilsjr

emilsjr New Member

3. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

Whats the odds that mention of SA-CD disappears between now and release??

4. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

I always thought so too, but the remasters don't sound so hot either. I'm just praying that we get SACD stereo mixes along with the 5.1.

5. Other Moodys related remasters

I wonder if there is any chance of Universal remastering the rest of the Moodys back catalogue. Certainly albums such as OCTAVE, LONG DISTANCE VOYAGER, THE PRESENT etc could do with sonic surgery this time around. And how about John Lodge's NATURAL AVENUE or Mike Pinder's THE PROMISE being remastered. They would be very nice to have along side Justin's newly remastered solo editions.

6. Thank gawd I never got rid of my Moodies CD's I bought around 1987-1988!

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I'd like to have a SACD of Blue Jays. I have the Ampex quad reel for the time being.

8. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

How long do you think before they are released domestically?

I probably wouldn't be able to wait anyway...

9. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

10. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Polydor = part of Polygram
    Polygram = part of Universal Music

11. crimsoncing

crimsoncing New Member

Originally Posted by RustNeverSleeps
    I wonder if there is any chance of Universal remastering the rest of the Moodys back catalogue. Certainly albums such as OCTAVE, LONG DISTANCE VOYAGER, THE PRESENT etc could do with sonic surgery this time around. And how about John Lodge's NATURAL AVENUE or Mike Pinder's THE PROMISE being remastered. They would be very nice to have along side Justin's newly remastered solo editions.

I think they are down the road aways since its taken almost 2 years from annoucment to release of these cds. Also it depends on sales......These are the "Classic" cds everyone loves. Once they got past this point, it became hit and miss with the Moody's out put. I too would like to see the entire catalog revamped in my life time.

Anyone find a track listing anywhere yet??

12. Anders B

Anders B Forum Resident

No idea if they are SACDs or not. I merely wanted to show you a site that has them listed!

13. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Do you think there will be a new Moodies compilation like "This Is The Moody Blues," with this new remastering?

14. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

God, I hope not! :laugh: More than enough Moody comps already...far too many!

:ed:

15. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

16. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

Are we going to have to order these as imports?

17. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

Have you noticed that 101cd.com says that the availability is 3-5 days? Is this counting from March 20, or from now? They do seem to have the right album covers on the photographs.

18. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame

This is what 101cd.comsay about "Days Of Future Passed": "The Moody Blues debut album from 1967 has now been mixed in 5.1 Surround Sound from the original Quad Masters. A second disc has now been added to the original album and features the 7" A and B sides of the singles, previously unreleased alternate versions and BBC RADIO 1 sessions from 1967 and '68. SACD HYBRIDS play on SACD players and normal CD players."

So it seems we are getting the quad mix. Wasn't that the one on the DTS CD?

19. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Is there some sort of error on "Threshold".. price is different and picture looks wrong, but description seems ok.

Yea, but it got messed up on the dts disk with an early fade-out. I'll bet those two dts cds will be going cheap in a couple of mos. At least I know mine will be.

20. emilsjr

emilsjr New Member

21. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

All of the new CDs will feature the original quad mixes except "Lost Chord."

22. I'm fairly amazed to hear this news. And even more "psyched" to hear these are on SACD. :righton:

23. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

It will be interesting to compare these new surround mixes with the quad reels. I wonder how much "fiddling" they did to go from 4.0 to 5.1?

24. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

There is....NO WAY... they can better the Q4 mix of Threshold to SACD multichannel.

No F-ing way.

25. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

How much "fiddling" did dts do with the two they put out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.