Monkees HEAD from Rhino Handmade

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeYoung, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

The more the better. :cheers:
    Andrew/Rhino's done a fantastic job so far! :righton:

2. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

Jumped out of my chair at work when I saw this great news!!!!!!!!!:goodie::goodie::goodie: I'm definitely in for what promises to be another fantastic Monkees release!:righton:

And I agree with everyone who says our overwhelming support of the BB&M box may have made this HEAD project possible! Let's show our support yet again and get the rest of the Monkees goodies out of the vaults!:agree:

And last, but not least ... Andrew Sandoval is the MAN for keeping the Monkees' flame burning brightlyl for so long.:)

3. MusicFan76

MusicFan76 Forum Resident

I've been away from the forum for a day or two and just saw this thread.

Wow.

Very excited about this one...the mono mixes and the live tracks are huge. Can't wait to see that link to the pre-order.

Thanks, Rhino. I feel like a kid again.

4. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

anyone found a backdoor hack for the page like for BB&M? Can't wait to see the artwork :D

5. lovingcup

lovingcup New Member

My wish for Head these past few years has been a Criterion Collection DVD & a CD set with tons of extras including the Salt Lake show.
    I can't believe my wish came true! YAY!
    Looks like I'm gonna be eating a lot of ramen noodles this fall lol.

6. juniorleaguer

juniorleaguer Member

thank you for that info!!!!:)

7. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

8. rediffusion

rediffusion Forum Resident

9. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

Looks great!

:righton:
    :cheers:

10. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Looks real nice, huh? I can't wait to see more!

11. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Not a huge fan, but I'm happy for everybody here! I know a lot of folks have been waiting for this!

12. Oh, don't tease me! Is this for real!? They got Nesmith????? That would be beyond my wildest Blu-Ray fantasies!

13. Sunset Sam

Sunset Sam Forum Resident

I agree with the thought that the Davy interview should have been download-only...would have cut down costs on the set if it was just two disks. But I am glad to have it, don't get me wrong! There was ANOTHER interview disk, but apparently the folks at Rhino don't have access to it. It was Annette Funicello and Timothy Carey. One copy of the disk made its way to eBay back in '04 (http://www.popsike.com/MONKEES-HEAD-PROMO-10-RADIO-IVIEW-ANNETTE-FUNICELLO/4041286250.html). Of course, neither of those two folks are Monkees themselves, so perhaps they wouldn't have truly merited inclusion on a soundtrack reissue.....

Was hoping to also see more 33 1/3 with this set...if only just backing tracks. Perhaps if Instant Replay sees a deluxe reissue they will be there? Along with the Nez backing tracks that have yet to be released? :D

14. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

So we have these live songs

18. Introduction To Live Show – The Monkees *

19. “You Just May Be The One” (Live) – The Monkees *

20. “Sunny Girlfriend” (Live) – The Monkees *

21. “You Told Me” (Live) – The Monkees *

22. “Circle Sky” (Live) – The Monkees

Andrew's book says that on May 21 Mike re-recorded his vocal on Circle Sky due to the poorly recorded live vocal on all 7 performances.... I wonder how good the vocal is on the other Nesmith tracks then... hmmm...

15. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Maybe if Mike is being involved recently, they are 'new' vocal recordings! Wouldn't that be something? Supernatural perhaps?

16. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

Wow, this set totally came out of nowhere! After months of rumors over the BB&M set, it's nice to see a finalized track listing right off the bat.

17. Sammy Banderas

Sammy Banderas Forum Resident

I really am looking forward to listening to all these alternate mono/stereo mixes!!! So far, the packaging looks amazing! But will there be dandruff included?:laugh:

18. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

If we never see a replica of the press book, would anyone do us the favor of scanning or photographing the pages of one?

I'm really excited to see this box set and the Blu-ray. It seems incredibly likely to be a last hurrah for Monkees vault projects, but what a way to go.

19. mr.schneider

mr.schneider Active Member

I had a pressbook, but sadly it is MIA.
    I looked thru my stuff a few weeks ago and I cannot locate it.

Here are some images to keep everyone stoked!
    June Fairchild! Mmm.... Yummy!

Attached Files:

20. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

I'm in!!!! :D

21. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

I thought there would be a page up like the one for "Birds, Bees & Monkees" with song samples today along with the announcement.

Definitely will be getting this. Looks awesome. If this sells as well as the BBM box, I'm sure we'll see "Instant Replay" and "Present". BUT what will they do as far as releases if The Monkees do agree to reunite in 2011? More releases perhaps ... keep 'em coming :righton:

22. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

I'm excited to get this...Head was the best thing that The Monkees ever did and it was better than anything else put out at the time. In fact not even The Beatles themselves came up with an album of such random ramshackle weirdness and charm. :hide:

23. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

I'm really looking forward to this set. The last one BB&M was so well done. HEAD is one if the best soundtrack albums ever! I think I like it better than the movie itself. They are both different experiences. Not many soundtrack albums can stand on their own as a work of art. I believe it was Jack Nicholson who did the sequencing for the original album.

24. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

A weird comparison.

I'd say, perhaps, the Beatles' Christmas Album could be put in the same category for weird and charming. But wouldn't it be sufficient to say that HEAD is incomparable?

25. Sunset Sam

Sunset Sam Forum Resident

I have a Head pressbook for sale if anyone really wants one.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.