Monkees HEAD from Rhino Handmade

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeYoung, Sep 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Was just about to ask the same question.

2. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Front page of Rhino.com

Here it is...

[​IMG]

3. Michelle66

Michelle66 Senior Member

The picture of the single is in the E-mail sent from Rhino. It looks like the original 60's single, but with a tiny "Instrumental Version" under each title.

(My regular computer is getting serviced, so I can't post the picture here.)

4. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Thanks! Looks cool!

5. cuddlytoy

cuddlytoy Forum Resident

My order is in! I'm gonna have to wait until after work to listen to the samples but couldn't wait to get that order in. I wonder how many have been ordered already?

6. JDistheone

JDistheone Forum Resident

Will the single have an "RE" Michelle? LOL

7. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

8. JDistheone

JDistheone Forum Resident

I'm already a BIG fan of the live tracks, with You Told Me and You Just May Be The One as my standout favorites. :righton:

9. FredV

FredV Senior Member

10. semidetached

semidetached Monkees Mixographist

11. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

I love it when they spring this stuff on you. The Birds, The Bees & The Monkees box set was in limbo for so long that I thought that the "Deluxe Edition" series was all done after that one, and now we get another one, right out of the blue! So are they planning to continue the series with Instant Reply next?

12. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Sales of this set will probably determine if we get more :wave:

13. ajax25

ajax25 Forum Resident

Ordered mine by putting in all the info (didn't remember my password or id). At the end
    it asked if I wanted to save my info. I said OK and created a new username/pass. I
    thought if my email was already on an account it would tell me. It let me create the
    account, but when I log in I see the used id I entered but all the rest of the info
    is for someone else. Different name/address but with the used ID I put in. I can log in
    with the id/password I created. Not sure what is going on, the email confirm has
    all my correct info in it (I checked out before trying to save data).

I guess the web site still has some issues......

14. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Is there enough material for an IR set?
    Didn't I see a list somewhere of IR material?

Darryl

15. semidetached

There's enough to do another set. Would be interesting if the last set wrapped up all of the loose ends. Some of the Instant Replay stuff has been used in previous sets.

16. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I did mine without creating a new account (couldn't remember the old one)

Darryl

17. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

I Pre-ordered with no problem. Right after I check for the Conformation email and it was there. :D

18. MusicFan76

MusicFan76 Forum Resident

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but I really want an Instant Replay/Present box set...even more than a Head deluxe. I happily ordered the Head deluxe and no doubt will anticipate it until it arrives, and I hope this is another success for Handmade so we can indeed see another deluxe edition for the '69 stuff.

Are we aware of any outtakes or alternate versions of Instant Replay/Present tracks that HAVEN'T seen the light of day?

Also---I'm not too technical, so can anyone tell me if we'd be able to get a nice clean copy of Nine Times Blue from Johnny Cash? I presume any audio of it would be straight from the soundtrack of the show.

NOTE: I cannot wait to hear those '68 live tracks!

19. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I tried ordering and it would not let me order expedited shipping. I was one of the first to order the last set, and it took over 3 weeks to get here, w/ no delivery tracking. I guess I will have to try ordering by phone tomorrow.

20. semidetached

The version of Daddy's Song with the slow verse is listed as being a minute longer than the version on Music Box. I wonder if there are more ads for the movie cut into tracks (like the beginning of the movie mix of Can You Dig It).

REALLY can't wait for this. :D

21. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

So is anyone rushing this set for an extra $20? I mean I can't imagine anyone paying that. Order in..what a hog of a site though. It's 2010 and I've never seen a slow site like that in my 17 years online. WTF!

22. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

I ordered with free shipping without a hitch. :D

White Wolf why spend the extra on shipping it will eventually show up with your neato cool 45.

:wave:

23. BobT

BobT Resident Monkeeman

Because last time it took several weeks later than others for many of us that ordered on the first day to receive our sets. I ponyed up for rush shipping.

24. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

And as we've seen from the BBM set. Rush shipping doesn't really mean that much.

Darryl

25. HELLOLARRY

HELLOLARRY Forum Resident

My order went through (like the one for BBM) with no issues. Looking forward to it. Maybe they are counting on all the fans who were wondering why the pre-orders weren't up three hours earlier than they were to pay the crazy expedited shipping charges. :) I went with free shipping. Didn't have a problem last time and don't expect to this time either.

I don't know how much would be left for an IR/Present set. They seem to release the tracks in the order they were recorded and a lot of that material was recorded in previous sessions (BBM for example). Does anyone know if there is any unreleased material left?

Does a longer take exist of Micky (and Coco) working on Shorty Blackwell? That was so cool to hear, it's just a shame they didn't get more into the song.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.