Mobile Fidelity Announces Bob Dylan and Miles Davis Titles

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by deadcoldfish, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Probably Pink Floyd.

2. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

This thread needs more pictures. :)

Here are the graphics from the email I received.

Attached Files:

3. Simon & Garfunkel have been rumored since last year.

4. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

I agree. I have the 2003 SACDs and find the mono mixes much more enjoyable. As others have said, "Time Out of Mind" is a classic and that would be a treat as MOFL. Also can one really expect much improvement from the current Basement Tapes?

5. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

I might be interested in Dylan's Blonde on Blonde hybrid if they release the unedited version with the 73:16 timing.

6. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

I love Dylan, but come on audiophile labels, STOP DOING THE SAME CLASSIC ROCK/JAZZ TITLES OVER AND OVER AGAIN!
    I just want some variety.

7. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Like Riot?

8. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Ditto.

Not a big Dylan fan so the original SACD box I got from yourmusic for under $100, which seems to contain the same titles, will suffice.

Have some of the Miles on SACD and will only buy the the ones I need (Milestones, Four & More, Sketches).

Having said that, this is great news for those who do not have the Sony SACDs and hopefully more to come from these artists on MoFi SACD.

9. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

I'd buy a 2-LP 45 RPM version of Nefertiti - wish that album were included in this program.

10. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

For the stupid people (me) what is a hybrid SACD? Is it one layer regular CD and one SACD?

11. Yep!!!:wave:

12. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

As far as the vinyl goes I'll buy Blood On The Tracks. The recent mono box set is good enough for me. Those pressings sound very good. Maybe a couple of the Miles Davis Pressings.

13. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Yes.

14. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Thanks. Damn them. I don't really need another Blonde On Blonde but I won't be able to sleep if I don't order it.

15. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I don't know what to do. I have more copies of all these titles than I care to think about. Do I really need to purchase them again? I won't be per-ordering, but may decide as they are released to bite.

16. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

Good luck getting these before the next Olympics start. I've had a preorder in to Mofi for 9 months now and still no release.

17. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yes, actually. There's room for Riot in variety.

18. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

I want to see some really lo-fi stuff done for kicks.
    There's certainly room for Guided by Voices and Pavement in MFSL's catalog. :laugh:

19. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

New Morning, IMO, is the most (next) deserving of the SACD treatment rather than these.

20. jjay

jjay Forum Resident

Blonde on Blonde and Freewheelin' Bob Dylan original SACD,s sounded fine to me. I am interested particularly in the MFSL Bringing it all back Home as the original SACD was extremely bright in spots. I wasn,t too impressed with the original SACD of Blood on the Tracks either. JMHO

21. ynnek4

ynnek4 Forum Resident

mfsl needs to start a 24/96-24/192 download service ala hdtracks.

22. feinstei9415

feinstei9415 Forum Resident

Basement Tapes on SACD will be nice to help complete my Dylan SACD collection. What they REALLY need to do is get the 4 channel tapes of Nashville Skyline and put those out! I'd buy that. When Columbia put out the SACD's of Dylan back 10 years or so ago, they stupidly did not release Nashville Skyline in quad, even though they put out a SQ quad version of it in the early 1970's. I would really love to have Nashville Skyline's quad release on an SACD.

23. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member

Wasn't the 2003 CD of "Another Side of Bob Dylan" a remix because the label said the master was worn out/damaged? So is MFSL issuing the 2003 remix of this title (ala the 90s remix of Pet Sounds) or are they instead issuing on SACD the worn out "original master recording" from 1964 as their brand would suggest?

24. pronghorn

pronghorn Forum Resident

Next thing you know MFSL will be releasing a Doors box set.

25. pronghorn

pronghorn Forum Resident

Even the mono box version is a remix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.