McCartney "Ram" reissue news

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rarediscs, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rarediscs

rarediscs Forum Resident Thread Starter

There is a new site at www.musinq.net where music sidemen answer questions from fans. Denny Seiwell, Davey Johnstone, Matt Sorum, Steve Porcaro, etc. are on it.

Just yesterday, someone asked Denny what his favorite song was that he played with Paul and here is his answer:

"Now that is a hard one…I loved so many of them, but I am partial to Back Seat of My Car….lookout for the re-issue of Ram shortly…it will have Rode All Night as a bonus track….that sure was fun…just a jam between Paul and me one day….I think it marks an important day in musical history….I rode all Night ’til I finally hit the daybreak…. dig it?"

Obviously someone from the McCartney camp contacted him regarding the reissue to let him know "Rode All Night" would be on it (maybe due to publishing credits?)

"Rode All Night" has been out unofficially and isn't a great track but hopefully they'll release some of the early October 1970 sessions of "A Love For You", "Sunshine Sometime" or early versions of "Get On The Right Thing" and "Little Lamb Dragonfly".

tug_of_war and theMess like this.
  2. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Excellent

3. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Thanks for the update!

4. Byrdman77

Byrdman77 Forum Resident

I wanted to get some of Paul's 70's albums and Wings stuff and nothing is available other than McCartney 1 and 2 (I have the first one) and Band On The Run.

I don't like digital downloads so how long do you think we'll be waiting for them all to come out?

I'm gutted because a few years ago they were ALL on Spotify!! :realmad:

5. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

I think whenever we see "Rode All Night", it's going to be a lot different than what has been around. I expect numerous edits to make it more like a song. It would awesome if there was some additional work done on it at the time, but I'm not optimistic.

6. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Nice find! Thanks for this.

7. DeYoung

DeYoung Forum Resident

Excellent! Thanks for the glimmer. Ram on.

8. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Sounds good to me! Hopefully we're primed for a spring release. Another June batch should fit nicely....I think that gives enough time for Kisses on the Bottom to be in the spotlight.

9. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Thanks for the update. Its feels like we've been waiting forever for this reissue and so lets hope we get sometime late Spring (April would be nice).

10. shane

shane Active Member

I'm not terribly familiar with McCartney's solo work but I heard the song Monkberry Moon Delight on satellite radio one day only to be upset finding out that it was on Ram and out of print. I've yet to hear the song again so this is great news for me. Man I love that song!

tug_of_war likes this.
  11. theanswer337

theanswer337 Forum Resident

A great, underrated gem! :edthumbs:

tug_of_war likes this.
  12. "Ram", taken as a whole, is a work of genius. I personally slightly prefer "McCartney", but "Ram" has the inspiration plus the production slickness that's missing from the other one.

tug_of_war likes this.
  13. yellowballoon

yellowballoon Senior Member

Check out the movie "Hall Pass" for a wonderful soundtrack use of the song.

14. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I've never heard "Rode All Night". If this news is true, then hopefully we will be getting more unreleased songs, like we did with McCartney II. McCartney and Band on the Run did not have any unreleased songs (except "Suicide" and "Women Kind") and that is the kind of thing I look forward to.

15. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

"Rode All Night" is terrible but I am glad to be informed of one of the bonus tracks.

16. Col Kepper

Col Kepper Well-Known Member

For those who want to listen to the track there are several on YouTube.

17. DarkAudioHorse

DarkAudioHorse New Member

Ram does have that Spring/Summery feel to it. :righton:

I might actually have to get the vinyl re-issue on this. Especially if the mono version is released with it. That will sound beautiful on vinyl!

18. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

He should watch "Hall Pass" just for Nicky Whelan :love:

19. viper66

viper66 Forum Resident

Does any one know if this deluxe set of RAM will also have the mono version included? Thanks.:righton:

20. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

But will this remaster finally make an attempt to fix the phase error that runs through the entire album?

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=145640&page=4

I've heard someone's stab at putting it back into phase, using PC software to do the work and Steve's DCC version as a basis. All kinds of details suddenly reveal themselves, the soundstage widens and it's fairly glorious.

Edit: Oh, and the mono mix would definitely be a brilliant bonus.

21. Arkoffs

Arkoffs Remote member

Here's hoping for a vinyl version. Though I'd probably buy this on CD as well if there are bonus tracks and/or the mono mix. Such a great, neglected album (and unfairly slammed by the critics).

22. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Nothing is confirmed as yet but an article in Mojo last year said that it will be included.

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Let's hope for a new slew of the deluxe reissues soon.

I thought there were some coming at the end of 2011? What happened?

24. RKMiller

RKMiller Forum Resident

My number one favorite track on Ram! It's silly and really makes no sense, but that's why I like it. Same goes for London Town's Morse Moose and the Grey Goose.

25. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

I read about this and Steve actually denied the phasing problem....I've heard the original and the phase corrected edition and couldn't tell any difference...I dunno...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.