McCartney "Ram" Reissue News (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have no idea what the numbers are and don't really care, although one of the box sets I bought recently was number 169. I don't remember if it was McCartney, U2, Nirvana, or Pink Floyd, but I DO remember that some forum members were going bat-$h!t crazy when I told them the number. Really, what's the big deal?

2. Looks like it possibly has been cancelled or postponed.

3. I'd wait and see what develops. The Amazon listing is strange, to say the least. It could be nothing--a glitch or an error. Then again, it could mean what I stated above. Or, Amazon could be sold out of the allotment it had originally ordered from the label and no more pre-orders are being taken. Dunno.

4. gibtti

gibtti Senior Member

I've seen limited edition stuff sell out on Amazon before release date (Wilburys CD Box anyone?)
    I think they work on what stock they know they are definitely getting.

Like 'The Zodiac' above, this is making me nervous. I was holding out to buy this from Macca's website as (in the UK) prices+shipping have been reasonable.
    Now just over two weeks till release date and not a peep from the website. Even stranger as the last archive release shave been up way before now. I hope I don't end up losing out on the mono Ram vinyl if it transpires that McCartney's website is not going to be selling it.....

Chris

5. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Don't worry, Chris. In six months you'll be able to buy it coupled with the deluxe of George's Living In The Material World DVD :)

6. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Still ready and set to go for May 17th at my local record store. For the price of 25 euro, that is.

7. footstomper

footstomper Forum Resident

Are we really?
    'Band On The Run' cropped all the promo videos to widescreen which was a real let-down. Have the other deluxe sets had the videos in 4.3 then? I haven't been able to afford those lovely editions that include the DVDs unfortunately. I've had to settle for the CD editions only after 'Band On The Run'.

8. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Shades of 2009, anyone? ;)

9. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

It's not canceled or postponed. Amazon probably just sold all preorders of its initial allotment (or what they think is their initial allotment). This has happened to me on records I've ordered before and they always show up on the release date - anyone else who wants to order from Amazon now has to wait till they restock.

10. Hopefully. However, I don't think we can make definite pronouncements either way. We just have to wait and see.

11. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

True, but Paul's website wasn't so sharp when it came to the "Kisses" release. It certainly appeared that if you ordered from his website, you'd be getting the 16-track version of the album, and then it turned out that was a Target store exclusive in the US. That ticked off plenty of Paul's fans - buy from his official site and get a lesser product than if you went to your local Target store...

12. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

"Have the other deluxe sets had the videos in 4.3"

McCartney has dvd with 1;33 stuff I am not sure but think 2 has some 1:33 stuff too

unlike that 3 dvd set which cropped everything that wasn't 16x9

13. cincyjim

cincyjim Senior Member

http://theseconddisc.com/2012/05/02...tney-carole-king-offer-exclusives/#more-13283

Thanks to our pals at Super Deluxe Edition for the heads-up that iTunes and PaulMcCartney.com will offer two bonus digital-only audio tracks in conjunction with the already bonus-packed edition of Ram due in stores on May 22 from Hear Music. These tracks are “Eat at Home/Smile Away (Live)” from Groningen, The Netherlands, and “Uncle Albert Jam” based on the famous track included on Ram. Not much more information is available at this point, including whether these tracks will be available individually. Watch this space for more details!

14. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

That's been known for some time but thanks for taking the time to post i anyway.

15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Hmmm. "Uncle Albert Jam"?

Wtf?

16. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Preorder for Ram Mono vinyl is back up (in stock)

17. Yeah

Yeah Well-Known Member

Well, he couldn't very well call it "Ram Jam", now could he?

18. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

19. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

20. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Looks pretty cool!

21. Wade

Wade Well-Known Member

22. MarilynsPickle

MarilynsPickle Forum Resident

Hell yeah. The file folders better suit the aesthetic of the Band On The Run sleeve design, but the entire package looks really great.

Can't wait to actually have it!

23. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Maybe a jam outtake from Percy's band.

24. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

25. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Oh no, I never thought of that. I hope not, but I doubt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.