McCartney "Ram" Reissue News (Part Four)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

2. macca728

macca728 Forum Resident

I wonder when people will receive their physical copy.

For the rest you all should know by now.

3. macca728

macca728 Forum Resident

Shouldn't it include a download card also ?

4. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

5. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I just got mine from the mail...it didn't have a download code either.

6. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Thanks buddy.....unfortunately the link doesn't work as intended. It adds those tracks to my "shopping cart" rather than allowing me to download them with my privileges :(

EDIT: I take that back! it seems to be working!! :)

7. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Aww man! I bought the 2 extra tracks on iTunes last night and here they are downloadable for anyone who bought the book version. They said it was an iTunes/paulmccartney.com exclusive. The language on this stuff is so bad.

8. j1804

j1804 Forum Resident

Just download from HDTracks. It has 19 pages PDF but I calculate DR to be 10, so I suspect they currently sell the LIMITED version as UNLIMITED (according to earlier posted values). Seems much more compressed than earlier archive releases.

9. crossroads69

24/96 Download Successful!

Thank to the link shared by Radiotron, I just finished downloading the unlimited version of RAM and the bonus tracks. Took me about 20 mins! :)

Those who are having trouble with "you don't have access" error, try the link for hi-res once you have logged in with the same ID that you used when you redeemed the code. It should work.

Very happy to be able to download the "exclusive" tracks in 24/96 quality as well. These will fit perfectly with the rest of the download on the DVD.

10. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Thanks. I got it going now too!

My box is #15309 for whatever that's worth.

11. englandmademe

englandmademe Forum Resident

If you are waiting for your deluxe box before you take a proper look... then probably best not to click this link. :D An extensive photo gallery of RAM deluxe here http://bit.ly/ram_gallery

12. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Senior Member

Extensive? Is it just me or do I only see 3 pics?

13. crossroads69

I got 2321 - my lowest so far in the series. Not that I care......

14. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

15. englandmademe

englandmademe Forum Resident

Oops, sorry..gremlins - here is another link 27 hi-res pics. http://bit.ly/JRVGfo

16. jim mallett

jim mallett Active Member

my mono vinyl has shipped from amazon

17. scotty j.

scotty j. Forum Resident

It's good to know I am still not alone. Still waiting to hear back from Topspin.

18. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

What crossroads69 mentioned works. You go to paulmccartney.com/redeem and log in. It will tell you the account has been activated and take you to your songs just to tell you you don't have access to download them. At this point you put http://store.paulmccartney.com/ram/hires.php in your web address bar and you are taken to a page where you download 3 songs at a time. You click "download" then it puts them in a cart with a total of $0. Then you click "checkout." It goes to another screen where you check the box, hit "continue," and then "download." At least that's what worked for me.

19. dmh84

dmh84 And babe, it's gonna work out fine

Works for me, too--thanks very much, and thank God (or SH!) for this forum!!

20. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Just got my deluxe from Amazon. Going to wait to download until this mess is sorted.

21. scotty j.

scotty j. Forum Resident

Yes. I just tired this too and it worked.

Enormously helpful. Thanks crossroads69, Raditotron and Pawnmower.

Here's the link one more time...

http://store.paulmccartney.com/ram/hires.php

22. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

No kidding. If you're not on this forum, you're out of luck. I can't believe the URL they give you takes you to "Kisses on the Bottom." What is wrong with this company?

23. scotty j.

scotty j. Forum Resident

I got to the Ram digital download page with my code but I couldn't actually get past that page to the hi-res page. Weird.

24. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

I got my pre-order in a while ago. My order status said "shipping soon" until last night (Australia time, which was the morning of 22 May in the good ol' USA - exactly on schedule - good work Amazon) when order status was changed to "SHIPPED" yipeeee I'm waiting for the big plane to fly it across the pacific for my listening pleasure.

25. scotty j.

scotty j. Forum Resident

I will say this - the box is beautiful. I like that that Paul told the story in the book which led him to want to have a burlap cover for the album. Each item included shows the same love behind it matching the love that went into the recording as well as the fans love for this once disregarded album

Nicely done deluxe packaging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.