McCartney "Ram" Reissue News (Part Four)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel Cairo, May 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

They do. Ram is just thicker. No biggie....:D Someone posted a pic earlier in this thread.

2. syogusr

syogusr New Member

That's odd because there is one 2 miles from where I live and I pay no tax:confused:

3. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Most of this is greek to me. Are there any conclusions that can be drawn from this?

4. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

no, lol but I putzed it up, they didn't put the files into separate folders I had some of the bonus mixed in with the album and vice versa :realmad:

5. Robianco

Robianco New Member

I'm not sure whether I missed it but can anyone confirm whether the download card in the mono vinyl LP is for Mono or Stereo digital files?

I've got the 2 disc set and the unlimited Hi Res download but I was hoping the mono digital would be available through the mono vinyl rather than the Super Deluxe jobbie.

Cheers

6. Vinylsoul 1965

Vinylsoul 1965 Senior Member

WELL, I just got my notification from paulmccartney.com and I did order the mono album - and the FLAC files are for the stereo mix...listening RIGHT now. Hoping this is not a mistake...and I must say I am disappointed as I bought the deluxe edition from the site (and will get a stereo download again lol)

So can a digital version of the mono version be purchased at other sites? I am not too worried, as I will needledrop as soon as it arrives.

7. hamholio

hamholio Forum Resident

Just played the bonus disc on mog. Not too much of interest for me there--personally enjoyed the two iTunes tracks more! (Guess I'm discounting songs I've had for years--Little Woman Love, Another Day. . .) Never understood Hey Diddle. I like A Love for You a lot and Rode All Night's pretty decent.

Sweet spot here for me seems to be mono vinyl and the stereo FLAC download it comes with and a light cherry picking of bonus tracks off iTunes.

8. The two digital download bonus tracks are only available from the Paul McCartney website and iTunes, supposedly, and not from Amazon.

9. Aha. Well, I definitely want those WAV's! I am going to follow up with Topspin at some point and see if they will send me links to the WAV's. Worth a shot. I'll reply to the email they sent me way back when that contained the mp3 links so they'll know I am a bona fide purchaser.

Anyway, I'll download Ram later today. :smile:

10. Robianco

Robianco New Member

Thanks for letting me know! I'm sure the mono digital files will show up at some point. If I could buy them now I would but with having no turntable at the moment I'll have to be patient. I don't really have need for all the extras in the Super Deluxe but if I'd known I might have gone that route just for the audio!

11. child of nature

child of nature dreaming, more or less

12. jricc

jricc Senior Member

My wife is cool enough to have gone to Best Buy and pick up the 2 cd for me. (I texted her thanks)

For those who asked, there is no Best Buy exclusive.

13. Joce

Joce Forum Resident

24/96 sound great. But i can't compare to previous cd's

14. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

Finally had time to pick up my copy of the new mono LP release. First thought: argh, the sticker is on the plastic! ;)

15. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

Picked up the 2 disc today at Best Buy. Both discs are scratched due to the 'deluxe' packaging, luckily just on the edges. I bet many will be this way, the discs were wedged into the edges of the slots, and slightly stuck. :sigh:

16. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

I was really ambivilant about my pre-order of the deluxe book box. I don't own the others in the PM series so I cancelled and ordered the mono vinyl and the deluxe CD. I couldn't justify the cost of another box to sit and collect dust. All my stuff shipped from Amazon...

17. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I just checked Target's website and according to that Ram isn't even being offered in their stores, only online, at least at this point.

18. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Not quite, these two tracks are available as HiRes-Files as part of the deluxe box set no matter where you've bought it. I've ordered mine from Amazon.

19. PanaPlasma

PanaPlasma Forum Resident

Now available at HDTracks (version without dynamic range compression).

20. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

Is the packaging the same as the previous 2-disc editions in the archive series?

21. helter

helter Forum Resident

Anyone A/B remastered Ram with the DCC?

22. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

I have a 3 disc Band On The Run and Ram is the same. If you turn the cover upside down, the discs will fall right out. Except for mine, when they were still stuck.

23. hamholio

hamholio Forum Resident

At HD Tracks the tracks available for solo purchase are a bit of a head scratcher:

Eat at Home , Hey Diddle, Great Cock and Seagull Race.

Did they throw a dartboard at the tracks to pick which you can purchase by themselves?

24. LarryT

LarryT Forum Resident

Can you buy the hi-rez downloads separately, or do you have to order the deluxe box?
    Do you have a link to Topspin?

Thanks.

25. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Just picked up the 2 disc Ram at Best Buy during lunch. First time I ever owned a copy of it!

This post will probably get lost amidst shipping news and packaging details, but I haven't heard the opening track in some years. Listening today, it struck me that the song sounds like a lost track from the Magical Mystery Tour time frame. Cool track.

(I also picked up McCartney II while I was there, poor disc was just sitting all by itself. :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.