McCartney II secret meaning of the inner sleeve photos

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by helter, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

C'mon, it's obvious - it was a secret sign to Julian that he should play a round of Duck Duck Goose with Sean, Zac Starkey, Dhani Harrison, and the McCartney kids.

2. helter

helter Forum Resident Thread Starter

True....so what's your point?

3. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Huh?! He's waving a ring-o in the middle picture, and then adopts a typical 1970s era George, moments after tasting a sour milk sea.

Typical for Paul's punning sense of humor, and all the more wonderful for that.

4. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

My point is that you were going on about Green being involved with the call when Mathew made no such statement.

5. shabbyroad

shabbyroad Forum Resident

7 pages :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How about this: they are 3 photographs. <<< conspiracy that.

6. helter

Mathew said Green was there when the call was made. I never said that nor did Seaman. Your getting confused which I can understand with all the back and forth.

7. Dude, you gotta be nuts! McCartney is just joking around, no hidden meanings.

8. helter

From page 632 "The Lives of John Lennon"

" A year later John Green told Jeffrey Hunter: "She claimed to have made the arrangements by telephone, telling undisclosed Japanese authorities that McCartney had a low opinion of the Japanese." Sam Green corroborated this statement adding: "She had a cousin over there who runs customs. One call from Yoko and Paul was finished."

30 years later Sam Green, John Green, Jeffrey Hunter and Fred Seaman have not denied these statements.
    It would appear IMO with these inner sleeve photos that McCartney was aware John and yoko had a role in his drug bust and this was his response.

If someone can get a denial by any of these people regarding this incident, I would love a follow up. Don't shoot the messenger
    .:D

Attached Files:

9. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

If this is true.. RnR's ugliest fued was even uglier than the public knew about.

It also means that songs like Here Today by Sir paul are a bunch of Phony Balony.

To me the pics are not "fun" It's Paul doing a brutal impersonation of john and yoko...in between the photo loos to be indicating something to do with a horoscope (reading the stars)

I think this rumor has legs. It could be true. jmo

10. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

Ah, thanks for this. And I've found a longer excerpt that someone posted on Usenet. This is an eye-opener in one respect: though Fred Seaman is the guy who's been doing the most to spread this story, the original source is some combination of Jeffrey Hunter (whoever that is), Sam Green, and Albert Goldman.

Alas, no. John Green has denied it, as anyone who's read this thread should have noticed. The circuitous sourcing here is very strange: Goldman gets the story from Jeffrey Hunter, who gets it from John Green. But John Green himself was one of Goldman's primary interview subjects. Why doesn't Goldman mention Green's own account of the events, as related in Dakota Days? Was it insufficiently scandalous?

Then there's that claim about Yoko's "cousin over there who runs customs" from Sam Green. (Or maybe from Goldman. It's never wise to assume that Goldman is representing his sources accurately.) Somebody actually checked this farfetched story out:

11. helter

Originally Posted by groff
    John Green himself tells a completely different story. There is no mention of himself and Yoko being involved with the bust. According to him Yoko's initial reaction was the fear that the news would send John into a tailspin. He says that John and Yoko both followed the situation on a minute by minute basis, but his very lengthy one on one conversations with John and with Yoko over the period dealt with how worried they both were about Paul. He claims John was very relieved when it was over, and quotes John as saying that he felt as if he'd been holding a vigil for Paul.

1) Matthew, I'm assuming when you say "Green has denied this" your referring to "groff " describing John Green's account of this story. Who is groff ??? (I'm assuming he is some guy on the internet?) but he is not Green. Even if Green didn't mention anything it doesn't mean it didn't happen. For example, in Cynthia Lennon's first book "Twist of Lennon" she left out a whole lot of scandalous material that she included recently in her 2nd book "John" published not too long ago.

I would like to see a response from John Green stating the story as told in "The Lives of John Lennon" is not true.
    In 30 years he has never done this.

2) Sam Green like wise, has never denied this. He did have this to say about his experience with Goldman. He "was a good researcher" and " the truth would come out" And by meeting with Albert " I could set things straight"
    No where in the interview does he make any reference to false statements that were made in the book.

3) Jeffrey Hunter has made no denial ever. ( FYI he is part of John Green's inner circle)

4) Fred Seaman (no denial) as previously discussed.

5)Quote:
    On page 251 of 'Paul McCartney: Behind the Myth,' the author, Ross Benson, said he spoke to the man who ran Tokyo customs and he told Benson he was not related to Yoko. The customs' official said it's routine to open foreigners' suitcases

This Ross Benson book is so bad that it almost doesn't exist in the history of Beatle related books, I could barely find any information on this except for a 1 star review on Amazon. (see at bottom)

The Bensen book published in 1993, 13 years after the Japan incident has a number of questions to answer.

1) It was a long time ago maybe the cousin doesn't work there anymore AND maybe more than 1 person manages the Custom's dept in Japan?
    It's a big country and why is this book (a complete unknown) the only source available regarding this matter?
    Also I'm assuming "Benson" speaks japanese to confirm this information?

http://www.amazon.com/Paul-McCartne...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

12. Matthew B.

Groff's description of Green's account matches several other descriptions I've seen on the net. I don't have the book myself, but I presume that they aren't all lying. Green does not merely fail to mention the drug-bust incident; he contradicts it in several particulars.

Uh huh. He also says that he agreed to the interview so that Goldman wouldn't be cruel to him in the book. Either he's lying about Yoko's supposed relative in customs, or Goldman is misreporting their interview; you can't have it both ways.

You have no idea whether he has or hasn't, but in either case, who cares? His alleged source contradicts him.

As we've now learned, Seaman seems to be getting all his details from Goldman's book. He's not a source for the phone-call-to-Tokyo story.

This is Ross Benson's c.v. as a journalist. International Reporter of the Year in the British Press Awards, etc. I'd imagine that he was capable of competently asking a few questions to Japanese customs officials. If you have proof to the contrary, then of course I'm all ears. A name for this alleged "cousin" would be nice.

Yoko also denies the relative-in-customs story in Chet Flippo's McCartney bio, by the by.

Fred Seaman has his own entertaining variation on this rumour: he tells people that Yoko's relative was actually in the Tokyo harbour police. Er, except when he tells people that she was phoning customs after all.

13. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

Wrong choice of words. Inventor, don't shoot the inventor...

Christ, are we terribly bored. 7 pages of nothing. Out and gone.

14. helter

1) If Dakota Days is going to be a large part of your evidence. You should own a copy instead of relying on other "random people" from the internet to provide their summation for you.

2) I have never heard Sam Green called a liar by anyone from the Lennon camp. I realize you don't like what he has said, so your only choice is to dismiss his statements. Yoko will not ever discuss Sam Green because of their romantic relationship which would only make her "even more unpopular" with Lennon fans. He must have a certain amount of integrity for John Lennon to leave him as guardian for Sean in his Will.
    Once again he has never denied the Japan story...EVER

3) We know your opinion of Fred Seaman unfortuately (for you) he is not the only source for this Japan incident and he was there in the kitchen with the Lennon's when the story first broke.

As far your author Benson is concerned, his totally forgettable book was totally trashed in the only review I could find on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars
    Totally Ridiculous and Delusional book Panning the Brilliant career of Paul Mccartney, October 28, 2010
    By Pswrite "pswrite" (cambridge, ma United States)

This review is from: Paul McCartney: Behind the Myth (Paperback)

This book, which fortunately I took out at the library instead of buying, barely deserves a review but I'll save anyone who may spend the 95 cents that it is now selling for used. Come to think of it- I guess that really says it all regarding the worth of this book. Enough said.

15. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

If we all agree those pictures are maliciously intended to be John, Sean, and Yoko, can this thread stop??

16. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

Yes. but we will need a poll to verify that all agree at Sir Paul's malicious intent.

;)

17. helter

Yes, and I will change my avatar with Lennon holding the pig ears to............. one of me kissing Matthew. :love::D

18. Matthew B.

Groff is a member here. If you feel so strongly about things, maybe you should send him a personal message and ask him whether he was lying in his post.

Do you have a copy of John Green's book? If not, why are you making claims about what he says?

19. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

I won't, so it doesn't!:D

20. helter

Actually Matthew I'm not making claims from Dakota Days..you are. I don't own the book either. My statements from John Green come from other books he was interviewed for.

21. Gerbaby

Gerbaby Forum Resident

Programme from cancelled Japanese tour.

I can't believe Lennon would do anything remotely like what is suggested. That takes things to another level.
    Here is the programme from the concert that was cancelled in Japan. The only people that wound up with the programmes were the promoters and then they sold them off. I got one,as did a few other people.
    The Japanese spared no expense on this . It is like a book in a slipcase. Curious as to what it cost the promoters or the insurance company to cancel the shows.

22. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

In his brief time here, "Helter" has posted 68 times - and if I counted correctly, all 65 of those dealt with McCartney and/or Yoko! :eek:

23. Matthew B.

You're insisting that Green has "never" denied Albert Goldman's story. "Never" includes what he said in his own book. Yeesh.

24. helter

I think yoko was mostly the one responsible. She controlled John so.....

25. helter

John Green's book was published several years before Goldman or Seaman's. So their was nothing to deny. Like Sam Green stated, he would have preferred this information never came out but his drunken assistant spilled the beans so he was forced to come forward to clarify the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.