McCartney II secret meaning of the inner sleeve photos

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by helter, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrAftershave

DrAftershave A Wizard, A True Star

I hope that they truly became friends again and not Yoko just using him for the Double Fantasy Stripped Down project and pretending to be his friend so the work could be done. Yes, she could have gotten anybody else to do it but it has more significance by having the original producer involved with it.

2. fabtrick

fabtrick New Member

I NEVER even thought about it.

And I seriously doubt it's what the OP suggests.

3. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

If this was a poll I'd vote "He's just referencing his Beatle friends", in those photos. It was end of the 1970s, no more Wings...McCartney II alone: full circle for Paul..like the end of the 1960s then McCartney I alone, he was thinking about the past & future possibly more than usual.

4. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

None of that is relevant to the point at hand, though. The point is this: Seaman says that Yoko was alone with Green when she made the alleged phone call to Japan. Green, who is hardly a Yoko apologist, says the phone call never happened. So on what basis can we possibly trust Seaman?

His tales may ring true to you, but for me his conversations reconstructed long after the fact sound every bit as phony as Green's. And of course that's hardly Seaman's worst brush with dishonesty. The man has pleaded guilty to grand larceny. (I know, he says that he just wanted to pass the stuff on to Julian. But all Julian ever seems to have gotten out of it was a few cassette demos.) Seaman's story about Paul's drug bust is obvious nonsense. Ditto his story about the gardenias. He lies pointlessly about the most trivial things:

Jon Wiener in Come Together cites tax returns showing that the Spirit Foundation was founded in 1978.

This doesn't mean that Seaman is lying 100% of the time. Much of what he writes about day-to-day life with Lennon is probably accurate enough. But there's a clear pattern of fabrication when he comments on Yoko Ono, and none of his anecdotes about her can be trusted without independent verification from somewhere else. I don't believe everything said by John Green, May Pang, or for that matter Yoko herself, but none of them shows Seaman's streak of reckless vindictiveness.

And the drug-bust rumour is so nutty that I'd have trouble believing it in a sworn affidavit from Mother Teresa and Gandhi.

5. Stateless

Stateless New Member

I'm assuming it's genuine. Yoko must have been in a shakey emotional state in the early '80's (and who can blame her), with her husband murdered, having witnessed it, then all of the aftermath, insider books and who knows what else. Maybe she was wrong to be paranoid about Douglas, but she had already been burned by other "insiders".

6. helter

helter Forum Resident Thread Starter

Actually her problem with Douglas started before John's death. His royality arrangement was much higher than normal. Douglas insisted on this, because he did not want to have co-producers (John & Yoko) He had wanted to produce the album alone but John and Yoko insisted on being co-producers.

Contracts were signed with the higher rate, but Yoko was refusing to pay it which is why she didn't have Douglas produce Season of Glass which she made long before all the "insider" problems occured.

She also had a falling out with David Geffen because she felt he didn't promote Season of Glass enough especially after all the "blood money" he had made on the success of Double Fantasy.

Yoko burned a lot of bridges during this time period.

7. helter

This is NOT TRUE. Seaman never said Green made any phone call or was part of any phone calls that Yoko made. I just went back an re-read that section in Seaman's book and no where does it say that.
    Green was only consulted about that matter and that's exactly what Seaman states. Green does not speak Japanese so it makes no sense that he would call Japan.
    If you don't like Seaman's book, your certainly in the minority on that. Most Lennon fans I know love the book. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

8. helter

If Paul is just give a friendly nod to his fellow mates in the Beatles why are the photos of Lennon and Harrison so unflattering and insulting?

If in the center photo Paul is "suppose to be Ringo" why is he looking through the necklace with wide eyes as if to simulate a small child's face?

For those that don't believe this, what is your opinion of the postcard photo Lennon included with the Imagine album of him holding a pig's ears exactly 5 months after Paul did the Ram album holding a Ram's horns?

The photos inside the McCartney II album were released exactly 5 months after the Japan ordeal. This stuff has gone on before why is it so unbelieveable?

Attached Files:

9. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

You're kidding, right?????

10. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

Where does Mathew say Green was part of the call?

11. Yep, Paul timed the release of MCCARTNEY II to come out exactly 5 months after his drug bust because Lennon's parody RAM photo came out 5 months after the release of RAM.

I can see it now:

Paul: I want MCCARTNEY II to come out in May
    Record Label: But Paul, we've got all of our promo material to run a lot earlier
    Paul: I don't care. That jerk Lennon released his picture of him holding a pig's ears exactly five months after RAM, I want this to come out exactly 5 months after my drug bust
    Record Label: Ummm Paul, that makes absolutely no sense
    Paul: Yes it does! And to top it off, John and Yoko were behind my drug bust! I knew they would do this, which is why I want these pardody photos of them on the inner LP jacket. It's a secret message to them to let 'em know I'm on to them. To show you how smart I am, I took these in 1979 before the drug bust - because I can see into the future. I knew what they were planning.
    Record Label: But if you knew this in 1979 why did you go to Japan with drugs... oh nevermind. May it is.

:rolleyes:

stevenson66g likes this.
  12. Matthew B.

What are you talking about now? Seaman did not claim that John Green made the phone call. Seaman claimed that Green was the witness to Yoko making the phone call.

I don't have Seaman's book, but here's Groff's summary of what he says there:

And here's Seaman again in an interview for Canadian television:

Green, the psychic who was supposedly closeted with Yoko while she was orchestrating her plot, denies it happened. He also says that John was upset, not elated, by Paul's arrest, an account confirmed by Jack Douglas and indeed by Paul. Nothing in Seaman's tale is plausible.

13. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

Well, yes, maybe the McCartney II photos and the pig thing aren't exactly "friendly". But they're more friendly than plenty of other things in this post Beatles relations context, like the How Do You Sleep lyrics.

Friends, siblings, rivals..especially stoned ones, are capable of quite barbed mutual sarcasm and banter, without it necessarily being truly nasty or having a deeper significance. I don't think the McCartney II pics have anything to do with the drugs in Japan thing.

14. helter

"Seaman says that Yoko was alone with Green when she made the alleged phone call to Japan"

I'm quoting Mathew above

Seaman never said this happened, unlike what Matthew states here

15. Matthew B.

"The following day she went into a meeting with one of her psychics and, indeed, the next day Paul was busted at the airport in Tokyo."

The obviously intended inference here, for anyone who speaks English, is that Paul's bust was a consequence of Yoko's meeting with Green.

16. helter

Now your changing your statement from "Seaman said Green was with Yoko when she made the call to Japan" to "Green had a meeting with yoko about Japan" that is a big big difference and completely changes your statement that Seaman lied about this when he didn't, his story is compatiable with Green's.

stevenson66g likes this.
  17. Matthew B.

If the meeting had nothing to do with Yoko's phone call, why is Seaman implying that it did?

How does he know about the phone call anyhow? Osmosis?

18. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

Actually, McCartney II was released exactly 4 months (Japan bust - Jan.16 | McCartney II - May 16th) after the Japan bust so there's another hole in your 'theory'.:rolleyes:

19. xilef r

xilef r Active Member

I thought it was Paul's version of this classic...

[​IMG]

20. helter

That really wasn't important 4 months.... 5 months just that the "time frame" was around the same. You guys are funny whose going to attack my sentence structure next?:D

I'm changing my avatar to this<<<<<<<<<< until everyone admits I'm correct !! :cheers:

21. Matthew B.

22. Stateless

Stateless New Member

So what do the 3 ducks in the background mean? ;)

23. Vintage Season

Vintage Season Active Member

You'll be stuck with that avatar for a long, long time. Probably forever.

— M.

24. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

You also said this:
    Green does not speak Japanese so it makes no sense that he would call Japan

25. helter

I shouldn't have use the word exactly......how about "about"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.