McCartney and Starbucks: it's a done deal

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stan94, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Yeah, something better than Wingspan would be nice.....with no "disco" Lonely Nights song!:shake:

2. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

Whew, that's the answer I wanted to hear!!:wave: :goodie: :goodie:

3. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

How about a series of 2-CD "Authorized Bootlegs" type releases. Priced affordably; filled with demos, outtakes and session takes. Sorry, but all this coffee has me wired :wave: Ron

4. semidetached

semidetached Monkees Mixographist

I'll second that one, Ron.:righton:

5. markytheM

markytheM Forum Resident

I don't really care that McDonald's is putting out the Big Macca. But I don't see one set of corporate suits as being better than another set.

A new McCartney album is always good news. 2007 looks very promising.

What's wrong with Driving Rain again?

Peace Love and That Means A Latte or The Long and Grinding Road
    Marky

6. brainwashed

Ahhh, Mark. Wait a minute... you'd better sit down and enjoy your Neo Quasi Ultra Super Groovy latte... ;)

7. markytheM

markytheM Forum Resident

Would love to, Ron,:D but alas I've never even tasted coffee.:eek:
    Nice to know you're digging it, bro.

8. brainwashed

Oh yea... The CDs are absolutely wonderful. I sure hope your newest one is the best one yet...Keep on rockin' :) Ron

9. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

If his catalogue is going to Hear Music ( a Concord affilliated label) there could a possibility that those albums could be made available through Emusic.

10. Maxbialystock

Maxbialystock Forum Resident

It seems that Paul McCartney has given us HIS take of the job that EMI/Capitol did on the Beatles "Love" album (and other recent Beatles and Macca releases)...

11. MusicFan76

MusicFan76 Forum Resident

This article says the back catalog rights will not be owned by the new label.

McCartney’s rights to his previous song catalog are not part of the deal with Starbucks, said Ken Lombard, president of Starbucks’ entertainment unit. McCartney most recently released records through EMI Group PLC.

12. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

It may not make sense from a business standpoint at this late date, but I do want it all, you know? Good mastering jobs and all the b-sides, too. Something better than the UK Paul McCartney Collection series. Here's hoping they miscalculate and decide to reissue the lot, profits be damned.

13. ADAMIC

ADAMIC Member

I think it is great! The record companies play games with classic rock albums. If you have the urge to hear a certain album it is never available. I can't believe some music stores don't carry all the Beatles albums. Love is fantastic and I think I saw one commercial for it. Capital hasn't done a thing for Paul. Chaos was a great album and they did nothing. Starbucks and Macca. I can't wait to order a Venti Carmal Macca-ito or maybe they will make a new drink called Monkberry Moon Delight.

14. mrwolk

mrwolk One and a half ears...no waiting!

Is this next??!!

15. 905

905 Senior Member

Good news. I'm glad Paul signed.

16. peteham

peteham Senior Member

Oh, I get it. You got an axe to grind. So, this really isn't about McCartney being a "sell-out" at all. You're just mad.:cry: :cry: :mad:

17. Tim H.

Tim H. Forum Resident

18. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Love the idea of a new McCartney album in three months, I want to hear him fronting a band again. :goodie:

Who cares if it's on a Starbucks label? :rolleyes: Whatever..

What I want to know is, will this in any way conflict with the Beatles remastered catalog releases? It would be very unusual for McCartney to release a new album at the same time, there has to be some timing issue here, no? :confused:

19. apileocole

apileocole Lush Life Gort

Of course. Paul isn't selling his back catalog rights. Why on earth would he? That comment may in fact have little to no relevance upon whether or not Paul will choose to release back catalog records through Starbuck's label or EMI Group PLC. I suspect Paul may wait and see how things go with the new title; if it works ok, Paul's probably going to mull over whether or not to try a back catalog release with them. Even if he does release titles through the Starbucks label, Paul will retain ownership of his catalog. :)

20. lordsitar

lordsitar New Member

Sir Paul and Starbucks

maybe they have a new Apple flavored coffee they need to promote?

on the serious side...did Chaos and Creation come out on vinyl?

21. ADAMIC

ADAMIC Member

I love the Beatles/Rutles/Pillbugs humor in these posts. Keep them coming.

Paul holds up a sign that says follow me to Starbucks for a double Macca moon delight.

22. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Nice! two threadcraps in the same thread! Maybe you've had too much coffee! :shake:

eh, it's got one or two duds, but otherwise I like the selection and sequencing on Wingspan

nice job!

23. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Then wants to go home halfway through.

24. RoyalScam

RoyalScam Luckless Pedestrian

Fat chance. He says it's going to be a "more personal" effort. Can you say McCartney III? :sigh:

I just hope he isn't doing it ALL by himself. McCartney is someone who needs a producer.

25. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I like that he's not waiting 15 years to release another album (okay, I know I'm exagerating here, you get the idea...) Hope it's good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.