Magical Mystery Tour + Let It Be DVD Releases (part2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Most of the artists on the planet are incredibly rich??

2. Digital-G

Digital-G Senior Member

Maybe I should have said well known artists. Yes, most of the well known artists are rich. Really, though, was my point about their music feeding their egos.

3. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Let It Be has been re-edited and the DVD placed on the autumn (fall) schedule for release in November. However, the recent EMI/Parlophone buy out from Universal might alter the plan- it could be released as early as May, though a Beatles Live DVD is currently scheduled for spring. The Let it Be DVD's extras have not been divulged yet. All will be revealed in a couple of weeks when the revised schedule is published. Fingers crossed, after all, we came this close in 2003.

4. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Uh-oh. I hope they don't schedule the Let It Be DVD too close to the Wings Over America set ... Paul will get mad, Apple will send Ringo around to ask him to move his release date, and ... well, you know what happens next! :shake:

Spek likes this.
  5. Mikkel

Mikkel Forum Resident

Would be cool if this is true ...

6. Derek Gee

Derek Gee Senior Member

Have you a source for this? Liverpool grapevine?

Derek

IronWaffle likes this.
  7. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Again....this falls under the topic - I'll believe it when I see it. Hell, I should have Mind Games playing in the background as I write this!

I wish John were still here to see this. He might say....bloody hell, put the @#@#@ thing out!

8. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Or, he'd insist that it be re-edited to tell the TRUE story -- the story of a brave avante garde artist who held the Beatles together during trying times and inspired them to get back to their roots. ;)

kevywevy likes this.
  9. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Two sources, one Liverpool, one London- first time I've had both saying the same thing. Let's hope it's true...THIS time.

10. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Word is..it's been held up this long because Mike Love is unhappy with the way he isn't represented in the movie. He isn't mentioned in the movie=problems.:p

Jose Jones likes this.
  11. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

I'm bugged at that old man.

One Louder and Sean Murdock like this.
  12. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

I'm just as interested in the "Live" DVD that was mentioned. What could be the biggest surprise to come out of a package like that?

Really hoping it's not Anthology-style voice-overs telling the same old tales...

13. houston

houston Forum Resident

Let it Be!....true this time :cool:

14. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

I hope it has the videos included, although those are not live.

15. Mikkel

Mikkel Forum Resident

Spring is here and there was no press announcement so I think we will get only one Beatles release this year. Maybe the Live DVD in November ...

16. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Yeah, sad but true

17. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

18. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

Whats supposed to be on the "Live" DVD Box? Shea Stadium?

19. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Any source would be nice, the rumour-mill around the Let-It-Be-release is teeming with vague and unnamed informants....

20. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

"Mike Portnoy meets Paul McCartney: My Story": http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/tm.aspx?high&m=2841572&mpage=1#2841572

"[..] After lots of small talk [..] I was thinking, hmmm...what do I really want to know from him that I don't already know?? And it dawned on me, there was indeed something: so I asked him what the hell is going on w Let It Be on video/DVD/Blu-ray And we talked about that for a few minutes...he said there's been technical and legal reasons its been tied up all these years (didn't go into details), but that it is indeed happening and finally in the pipeline for a release soon..and told me about all of the incredible hours and hours of unused footage there is (and I told him most of us hardcore fans know about and have it!) But it was pretty surreal to talk about it directly with him and hear it from the horse's mouth!!"

Yosi likes this.
  21. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Well, they have no excuses now to whittle the bonus features down to 10-20 minutes, when the man himself admits they are in possession of incredible hours and hours of unused footage. What story will they come up with to not use it? :sigh:

22. I wonder if this Mike Portnoy is related to Jerry Portnoy, who used to play harp for Muddy Waters. Maybe his son?

23. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Lets hope that with EMI out of the picture, Apple and Universal can start churning out more releases. We had Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery Tour reissues in quick time (by Apple standards) last year. Let It Be Naked made its iTunes debut this year with good deal of publicity. Soon after we had the rather unexpected Help! Bluray announcement with little fanfare. Now there are rumors about a re-packaged BBC set this September, so seems like Apple release plans have picked up some pace of late. Fingers still crossed for Let It Be this Christmas!

24. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

Everything that has not been released by Apple Corps is solely by the decision of Apple Corps. One member of the board can veto anything, EMI actually asked for more to be released.

zobalob likes this.
  25. houston

houston Forum Resident

I'm not going to scream for hours of unreleased footage, I don't want to give these people any more excuses not to put the original "Let it be" out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.