LP Storage Recommendations

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Meddle_Guy, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

I really don't like going to IKEA (long drive and dealing with all those line-ups and crazy people... no thanks!) so after seeing some posts here I checked out the new Target store that just opened up around the corner and got a couple of these. They are the vertical version of the horizontal Target shelves other members have posted in this thread. These are really sturdy and hold lots of LP's... as you can see, I have room for many more, and even room for another shelf if I want one... :D It almost seems like they were designed for LP's.
    [​IMG]

dennman6 likes this.
  2. Bart1

Bart1 Forum Resident

I have a small "collection" of vinyl, but I made this out of some stuff I had laying around the house. I plan to extend the legth of it and make it stackable. Works better than the cardbord box I was using before ;)

[​IMG]

Erik Tracy likes this.
  3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I love you that is exact what I wanted! Been looking for something like those for years. Just ran over to Target and bought four plus the bins for the bottom row.
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

murphywmm likes this.
  4. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

Hey, I'm glad I could provide some inspiration to a fellow forum member :) I was looking for something for quite awhile myself before I got these shelves. Plus, these actually come with backing material, unlike the Expedit.

5. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

And they aren't as deep. I needed exactly three shelves high for the area where they are going. I've looked at tons of bookcases and units. I was trying to find someone local to build me them, and there wasn't anyone in my area. I bought the storage bin inserts for the bottom row so I don't have to bend to see what's there, I can just slide the bin out. Perfect! Again thanks a million

murphywmm likes this.
  6. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Same here, thanks! headed to my local T tomorrow

7. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

Maybe Target should pay me a comission, huh? :laugh: I'm glad I could help steer you guys in the right direction. I just love how the LP's fit so perfectly on the shelf.

c-eling likes this.
  8. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Re-jigged and in-store modified this IKEA unit to get the look my girl & I wanted. The three lower units are already full of LPs, so probably start filling lowest wall shelf under liquor now... the taller part of the unit houses my Brio-R, TT-PSU, PS3, etc.

[​IMG]

mantis4tons likes this.
  9. Jeff SSM

Jeff SSM Forum Resident

That looks great! Would you have the Target online item # or Store Item # for this? TIA

10. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

Just found these options via UK site called Hidden Systems Ltd., the company is called Clic and is out of Denmark. Gorgeous!

Check LP/hifi/CD storage here.

That iPod and iPad integration is sick.

Mazzy likes this.
  11. murphywmm

murphywmm Senior Member

Jeff SSM likes this.
  12. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

13. Jeff SSM

Jeff SSM Forum Resident

14. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I like those too...can't deal with reading spines!

15. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Yeah definitely a better way to go through your records. I use an expedit due to space limitations but if I had more space I'd go that route.

16. dennman6

dennman6 Well-Known Member

These look almost exactly like the smaller Ikea Expedits. I saw one of these at a local Indianapolis Goodwill last week & immediately thought of Lp storage. I didn't buy it, thought it was overpriced for Goodwill at $20. If these are sturdy enough for Lps, I may check out Target this weekend. The nearest Target is 4 miles away. The nearest Ikea to me is 90 miles away, in Winchester, Ohio. I have c.4,000 Lps, "condemned" to steel shelves in the garage. I'd love to try the 5x5 Expedits, but would be worried about floor support when loaded. I have about 3,000 78s, & these units could probably do well for 78 storage if you cherry pick the collection & put your very favourites in them. The rest, alas, would remain in the garage as well. Degrading for such great music to be surrounded by lawn mowers, gasoline, & tool benches!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.