Lost: The 6th & Final Season Thread (Part 2)-The End*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

So why was Desmond so eager to take Claire to the lawyer?

I know he's going around and affecting the characters' lives and all, but I don't get his motivation here. Are we to infer he knew she and Jack and half-sibilings and that their paths would merge? (If so, nothing really seemed to come of it.)

Correct me if I'm wrong. Island (non-Sideways) Jack learned that Claire was his sister off-camera, right? We never saw him actually learn or figure it out. He apparently learned it while off-island. or am I forgetting something?

2. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

IIRC Jack found out Claire was his sister when her mother came to Jack's dad's funeral.

3. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

The episode after next is apparently going to tell us the whole backstory of the Man in Black and Jacob. The one after that has a MASSIVE spoiler title, as implied before. But the actual final episode is just called The End.

4. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

Whoops, you're right about the episode titles. Thanks for the correction.

5. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

(If so, nothing really seemed to come of it.)

I could be wrong because this was never explicitly stated, but I presumed that she no longer went through with the adoption and keep the baby to raise herself, now that she could support herself with money left to her in the Will.

Also, it seems that these contacts between the alternate sideways characters help them with realizations or memories of each other on the Island (although that did not happen with Jack and Claire in this episode).

6. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

1. To met the lawyer who would inform her of the Will and to introduce her to Jack.

2. To divert her from the adoption agency office and avoid/ prevent her from signing the final adoption agreement. (This may be the more important of the two reasons. I have a suspicion that Claire and her son are far more important to the resolution of the series than most people might suspect.)

7. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

What with him suddenly calling Sawyer "James" and all and jumping ship for the island..

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

AND, you'd THINK Jack & Kate would mention that to Claire, right???? I mean, c'mon! The ante would've been raised by Claire saying, "My mum's in a coma!", and them saying, "No, she's NOT!"

THAT would've been WAY more emotional than the way it was done; Kate asking please, and the music swells........:shake:

9. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

In case you don't know, the episode before the finale is called:

What They Died For

10. paustin0816

paustin0816 Forum Resident

Wel in our house I asked the same question about Christian being off the island. The theory thrown at me whas that at that point Jack was fairly drugged out and maybe Christian wasnt there. It was Jack conscience.

11. vince

Well, Kate ALSO had a vision of Claire, late at night, very spooky.... Now, we know Claire is not dead, but do you think it her conscience, too?

12. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

That was a dream, if I recall correctly.

13. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

There seems to be a belief on the part of some of the "others" like Richard, that once you let Flocke talk to you, he has you under his control. Not everyone hanging out with him believes that or acts like it. Like Sawyer and the others that just fled on the boat. So what's that all about, and what does it mean "in the way Sayid is dead?" I thought Claire was "spellbound," too, but apparently not.

14. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

After Claire disappeared she was seen hanging out with Christian in that shack in the jungle. Was that really Smokie/Fake-Locke? If it was, does Claire realize that?

And Claire recently said something about Fake-Locke being her friend and that she trusted him because he was the only one who did not abandon her. But wasn't Claire kidnapped, dragged into the jungle by person(s) unknown. IIRC, that has never been explained. Who took her (Fake Locke?) and what exactly happened to her?

15. Sean Murdock

No, she wasn't kidnapped (the second time -- season 4), at least as far as we know. She was with Sawyer et al. one night, then she saw Christian holding Aaron, and the next morning she was gone, and Aaron was left behind. They later found her in Jacob's shack, acting stoned and hanging with Christian/Smokey.

That's been the most annoying thing about Claire this season -- she's all bitchy about everyone "abandoning" her and Aaron being taken from her, but SHE is the one who vanished, and left HIM behind! If there was more than five hours of show left, I'd say I want that explained -- but at this point, it's just not important enough to me...

16. vince

That's one of the two phrases I HATE to hear on "LOST":

Whenever any one asks a question, and I hear either:
    "It's not important."
    or
    "It doesn't matter."
    ,I just wanna scream!

17. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

From Roger Ebert's website....

The Idiot Plot
    A plot that requires all the characters to be idiots. If they weren't, they'd immediately figure out everything and the movie would be over.

18. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

Here is an excerpt of Roger's review today of Jennifer Lopez's new film.

"Obviously, the only way to make this movie reach a feature length is for Zoe and Stan to break up and get back together again, which they do, I think, three times. Their break-ups tend toward communications difficulties, as one or the other idiotically misunderstands dialogue that is crystal clear for everyone in the audience. In Little Movie Glossary lore this is Damon Knight's famous Idiot Plot, in which all difficulties could be resolved by the uttering of one or two words."

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100421/REVIEWS/100429995

Not exactly the situation with Lost, but close.

19. Sean Murdock

You know what I mean -- I'd like to have answers to EVERYTHING, but with time running out, some just don't seem as urgent as others. I do expect we'll be getting tons of quick, matter-of-fact answers as we speed towards the end -- like we got for the whispers, and the Christian/Smokey thing.

20. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

Someone at work suggested the "growing boy" who keeps appearing to Smokey is like an hourglass. Running with that, my current belief is that it represents Jacob's "resurrection" in one of the chosen six. That's why Locke finds it important that all six leave the island. If time runs out for Jacob and the six are off the island (or brought over to the "dark side", then nothing can stop Smokey. And killing them on the island is bad for him because perhaps Jacob will be able to enter a dead body a la Smokey.

I'm poking holes in the theory as I type this - at times he's more interested in finding allies than getting off the island. Jack is loyal to the island, so it's doubtful Smokey will convince him to leave. It's obvious though that Jack is now truly the Man of Faith and perhaps Smokey slamming Locke during their talk was counterproductive to his overall plan.

Mark

21. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I used to think Walt would have a big future on the island but don't think it will happen now.

22. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I had thought that the appearance of the young boy (Jacob?) was sort of a stop watch for FLocke, that if he isn't off by the time a full-grown man does he has lost his window of opportunity. I'm puzzled how the candidates thing fits in this.

I'll miss a new episode this week. . . ARGH. It's not good to wait two weeks for the next installment in the puzzle.

23. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

You can watch them online at abc.com about 2 days after they show on tv. I did that this past week. Just have to stay out of this thread until you've caught the episode.

24. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

What Lonson was trying to say, there is no new episode for this week. He did not mean he was skipping the episode. The next new episode is scheduled for 05-04-10. The episode set for 04-27-10 is a rerun.

25. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Yes, JP is correct in what I meant. Sorry if I was unclear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.