Lost: The 6th & Final Season Thread (Part 2)-The End*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

They sure are making it seem that way. But maybe they'll pull a fast one on us at the end. Maybe it will be Desmond. After all, he's now the one in the sideways world connecting with people...kinda like Jacob was doing. He's not afraid of Smokey. Perhaps at the very end we'll see one more name scratched on the wall in the cave where no one could see it....Hume. And it was supposed to be him all along. All the other names were decoys.

2. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Hello Jack. I was hoping you would come. I think we have some catching up to do.

3. ZappaSG

ZappaSG New Member

What did Jack say at the end when he saw Locke in the OR? Sometimes the voices are so bassy my wife and I have a hard time discerning what they say!

4. cooper16

cooper16 Forum Resident

Smokey has said that he can't leave the island unless all of the candidates go with him (or are dead.) But he also said that he was appearing to Jack as Christian as many of us here already guessed. Since Christian has appeared to Jack off island in the flash forward timeline, either he's lying, or there's a third unknown entity made of smoke that can leave the island at will and take the shape of the dead. It seems too late in the game for the third wheel theory to be developed so I'm pretty sure he's lying about his true intentions.

My guess is that he needs to eliminate all of the candidates so that no one can replace Jacob and tip the scales back to even. He can't just outright kill them because as we have learned on many occasions, there are rules. We don't know what those rules are but they most likely have something to do with faith, destiny, the meaning of life and free will. You know, boring philosophical stuff. :D

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Jack said Locke looked familiar. I think he also felt he could help get his legs back...

6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

BUT WAAAAAIIIIIIIITTT A MINUTE!!!(Vince's wife here)
    Smokey says he was Christian, and yet turns up at Jack's office (with the smoke detector beeping) OFF THE ISLAND? Really? Christian did not tell Locke he was going to have to die.....FLOCKE told Richard to tell Locke that piece of information. Jack never found Christians body, whereas we see Locke's body.
    Who knows.... maybe in keeping with the f.sideways, Christian might not have been in the coffin on Oceanic 815!!!!!!
    As for Jack not wanting to leave the island, remember HE ALONE is the only one who KNOWS (through the Richard/dynamite experience) that he can't die... ergo,
    he has a reason to go back and fight.
    I, too, thought Sun and Jin were toast and was screaming at them to STOP!!! Zoe had just said "Shut the fence down" and they went running for each other... are we to believe there is a person at the fence control switch at that very second?

7. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I suspect the appearance of Jack's father in the hospital just comes down to the writers not having invented the rules for the smoke monster yet and getting stuck with the inconsistency (much like the Dharma food drop). It was a couple of seasons ago.

8. Leee242

Leee242 Forum Resident

That point bothered me, too. I hope Jack is considering it.

I'm also wondering why Desmond always looks like he's just a little too happy or content the past few episodes. I wonder if he's figured it all out or just resigned to whatever fate throws his way.

I also think I spend way too much time thinking about this show.

9. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

He might need them all off the island so he can kill them..perhaps the island is protecting them...it makes sense as a twist.

10. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Mmmm... I don't know -- that off-Island Christian sighting was in Season FOUR -- a year after the producers had secured and end-date for the show, and two seasons after they had established that Smokey could impersonate the dead (e.g., Yemi). I'd bet that they had figured out the rules for Smokey by then.

That said, we still have unexplained inconsistencies with Christian. As Vince's wife said, Christian's body was missing, but Locke's body was still there and ANOTHER body looking like Locke was inhabited by Smokey. Why the difference? It's good to at least see Jack asking some of the right questions after all this time ... I hope (if Christian is at least SOMETIMES a separate entity) that we see him again -- if only to tell Hurley to tell Jack he's sorry...

11. shockedfountain

shockedfountain Forum Resident

How did Desmond know he would only injure Locke when he ran him over and not kill him?

12. RDK

RDK Active Member

At the risk of reading too much into things (which is always possible on LOST), could Jack be dead - in the way that Sayid was "dead?" Something about the way the scene was shot - and what MIB/Locke said about Jack now "on his side" - struck me as more than meets the eye.

13. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

In the prep room Jack was talking to the other surgeon. She said that the injuries were very bad - that's why he was called in - and that in addition the patient already had suffered previous spinal damage. Jack looked at the x-rays and said something to the effect, "This is bad. The neuro-sac is completely gone (or totally damaged)". He added confidently (something like), "I can do this" or "I can get this done" just before entering the OR.

In the OR when he saw Locke's face, someone asked him if anything was wrong. He replied, "I think I know this guy". I don't remember Jack ever saying specifcally or to the effect that he could repair the spinal damage to allow Locke to walk again. But ... several episodes ago, he met Locke in the airport and gave him his card for a free consult, saying that he might be able to help him out. Locke (and his financee) talked himself out of making an appointment and decide to settle for the way things are.

It is interesting how Desmond seems to know what is going on and how he is manipulating things.

Was Desmond trying to kill Locke when he ran him over or did he just injure him so that Jack could restore his ability to walk?

14. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Desmond hit Locke pretty darn hard to only injure him. I think he was trying to kill him..

I agree on Desmond. He seems to be putting all the pieces together....

15. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

I'm not sure if the Dharma food drop is a continuity mistake. Remember acouple seasons ago, Daniel performed tests that suggested time was moving at a different rate on the island than it was on the freighter (or something like that)-- I don't think it's possible that the food drop came from years earlier. Just a theory.

But yes, the Flocke's claims about Christian don't seem to be entirely consistent with what we know already-- which might very well be intentional on the part of the writers.

16. cooper16

cooper16 Forum Resident

Very Jacob-like in fact. Hmm...

17. RexKramer

RexKramer Senior Member

Darlton said during interviews at the beginning of the season this is a question you should be asking. Your theory of him never being in the coffin is interesting. Losing the coffin in the SU may tie into the island uni.

Mark

18. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Hey, I like that theory! After all, why was he the guy pressing the button originally? They've gotta make some kind of big bang surprise ending don't they, to cap the legend that is this greatest of TV shows? :agree:

19. bluemeanies

bluemeanies New Member

Widmore Industries may have gotten their pregnancy test kits up to snuff, but they're still working out the bugs in the artillery ordinance factory.:D

20. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I thought for sure that would happen

21. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Since MIB can camouflage himself as a deceased person, maybe it was Locke who 'talked" to Hugo through Michael?

22. I think sometimes he was smokey and sometimes something/someone else. I also think that we've discovered that Smokey does stretch the truth...

23. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If the Man in Black can inhabit dead bodies...maybe so can Jacob. Perhaps the electromagnetic pulse killed Desmond, and Jacob took over his body. That would explain a lot...

24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...anyone know when is the next show being aired?

25. KevinP

KevinP Forum introvert

I'm not sure I believe him though. Maybe he was Christian in that one particular episode, but after that? Didn't Christian sorta represent Jacob, speak for him, etc? That can't be Smokey, unless <i>that</i> part was the lie, but why would he lie about representing Jacob to people who didn't really know who Jacob was?

I think the last episode is. Have you seen the remaining episode titles? The title of the finale is itself a huge spoiler so I don't want to post it (you an search around), but it strongly suggests an Island backstory to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.