Lost: The 6th & Final Season Thread (Part 2)-The End*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

I am just hoping we get an Island back story episode

2. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

The revelation of Christian was big...that means Smokey was the one telling Locke he needed to die.

Still, despite that..I agree. At times, Flocke seems as useless as Locke was...

3. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Only the geniuses at ABC Programming know for sure...

Actually, it's so that they can squeeze all of the final episodes within the all-important sweeps month of May. (That's when your local news stations will have all sorts of must-see stories that usually claim to have some titillation value.)

Harry

4. musicalbeds

Despite how frustrating it is to wait, we shouldn't complain about missing a week... the Sopranos tortured us with a year or more of a wait. Rescue Me has also done that...so I feel lucky to have it ending in May of this year, instead of next year.

5. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Digging the ride. I love this show.

Wasn't that well deeper last week - looked too shallow this week. :D & Jack swimming with a backpack, quite a distance. What?

6. musicalbeds

Sawyer being surprised by Whitmore's change of heart seemed contrived....he's a con man for cryin' out loud, and yet, he didn't have that angle covered?

7. bonjo

bonjo Forum Resident

well, it's not exactly the first time they've had one of those "moments of pure cheese". They're peppered throughout every season.

8. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

when Zoe meets Flocke, she radios to see if her location is locked... and I assume how they were tracking her was through her radio which Locke destroyed...

so how did they track the Others at the end of the show?

I thought Locke was going to the rendez-vous point so how did he manage to stroll onto the beach that Jack randomly lands on? That was a coincidence?

9. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

that's why I like Miles... his cynicism balances things out... where is Miles anyway?

oh yeah he is trampling around the bush with Richard and Ben... quite the odd couple... I hope they end up doing something interesting.... Kate and Sawyer being together again makes that group quite insufferable

10. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

First you complain that Flocke is clueless, and then you're suspicious when he has a clue? I think Flocke was testing Sawyer with his little "mission" -- Sawyer tricked him with his first Smokey Test, but he failed this one, and he will pay the price if they ever meet up again...

11. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Yeah....you couldn't even see the bottom of it last week. Weird.

12. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

And Sun and Jin's dialogue on the beach was cringe-worthy too.

13. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

Not complaining... Just observing :D

I always assumed that the smoke monster could see everything on the island regardless of it's current location... it's hundreds of years old... it's immortal...it can scan peoples mind and shape shift... it's a demi god as far as I am concerned...

With all this in mind, I am assuming Flocke knew that Sawyer was bs'ng him and knows that Sawyer took the boat to the other island. It's hard to accept that Flocke's sense of things are limited to what he can see merely through human forum.

14. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I was kinda hoping they were gonna get electrocuted as they ran towards each other and passed the great magnetic fence. :hide:

15. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Where was the artillery round fired from? The partially submerged submarine?

A 155mm field artillery round has a kill radius of 50 meters and a casualty radius
    of 100 meters. "Lost" isn't the first TV program that has shown people walking
    away from an artillery strike if it wasn't a direct hit. But to those of us who served
    in a field artillery outfit in the U.S. Army, the way its depicted Hollywood movies
    and TV is more ridiculous than any dialog.

16. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I agree on Sun... Jin I don't mind...

I don't think Sayid killed Desmond at the bottom of the well.

Overall a good episode....

Wonder why Locke needs Jack so bad. Is he going to impersonate Jack???

17. violarules

violarules Senior Member

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between a "kill" and a "casualty"? ;)

18. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

The difference is life and death.

I would also think the zones would vary depending on the type of shell used.

19. violarules

violarules Senior Member

But isn't the definition of casualty a death? Casualties never mean an injury.

20. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Well, the Navy uses 11 inch high explosive rounds on most destroyer class
    warships. I'm sure they have a wider bursting radius.

The military definition of a casualty is someone who was shooting at you but
    no longer can, whether by death or injury.

21. musicalbeds

I agree, Sayid didn't kill him.

22. gottafeelin

gottafeelin Forum Resident

It was hilarious last night when Sawyer and Kate were wandering through the jungle and Sawyer let go of a branch which smacked Kate right in the face!

23. IanL

IanL Senior Member

At the very beginning of the episode as Hurley and Jack, etc are entering Flocke's camp, Flocke says Hello to Jack. Then he says something else to him next. What did he say? My cable hiccuped right there and it is on the recording so I couldn't retrieve it. Thanks to anybody that can fill in that tiny blank for me. :wave:

24. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

If stabbing Locke didn’t leave a scratch, how is an artillery round(s) going to be any different?

Why did Jack have a change of mind about leaving “the island”? If he feels the calling to protect it, then does he not see the need to keep Locke bottled up (ie, stay with the forces opposed to him)?

25. violarules

violarules Senior Member

Yeah, it seems pretty clear that Jack might be the new Jacob.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.