Lost: The 6th & Final Season Thread (Part 2)-The End*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. violarules

violarules Senior Member

This whole "revenge" thing is really barking up the wrong tree. Desmond was trying to make Locke have that revelatory moment where he can glimpse the alternate reality, the same as what happened to himself and Charlie before.

2. jukin

jukin Forum Resident

Don't why but the supposedly mock-up of the Oceanic flight laying at the bottom of the ocean, created by Whitmore, always did strike me as way, way over the top. Now that we have multiple realities in season 6 that does raise the possibility that the reality that we think is the true one may not be the 'true' one either i.e. the reality that the Oceanic 6 returned to. What if the plane laying on the bottom of the ocean really is Oceanic 815? That could well tie in with the metaphysical slant the show has taken. Perhaps they really are all dead but have been given a last chance to decide their eternal fate.......and now I'm getting too metaphysical.

I like the idea that the plane on the ocean floor is the real Oceanic 815.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

It may just revolve around that line Richard said to Hurly:
    "Ask him what the island is! 'Coz, he told me, and I'll know if you're talking to him or not."

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I like them both!

5. Sadly, I have to agree. The writers had an impossible task, meeting the expectations of the fans and prior seasons for the conclusion. The alternate reality has been mostly filler to me. As a storytelling device, the flash-sideways just did not work in my opinion. I wanted to see what was happening on the Island, with the characters we have known for six years. Instead we got Bizarro versions of old characters, where the lives turned out slightly different.

I will withhold final judgment if the finale blows everyone's mind.

6. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I thought Richard was bluffing.

7. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

I thought Richard meant Hell. But I was waiting for the others to say "I wouldnt mind knowing what you two know, spill it!" kind of like Kramer saying in Seinfeld "why dont you just tell me what movie you want to see?"

8. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I don't believe it's gonna be a straight "heaven/hell" thing.

The island could be Gaia, the greek mother nature. I've been wondering if mother nature is the mother referred to by Smokey....and so far, I can't see a reason why it couldn't be her.

We could be witnessing a story about "elementals". Smokey could be a fire elemental, or something similar. Jacob could be the air elemental, needed by Smokey to exist.

There's definitely a "balance" that needs to be maintained, an order we're not yet privy to....so I'm guessing it's mother nature's design, a Gaia of sorts.

9. vince

Well, Smokey said he can't leave the island w/o the candidates, so they don't HAVE to blow up the plane, really.

10. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

Unless he's lying or misdirecting. What if he can't leave the island until all of the candidates are dead. How better to kill them off then to assemble them into one group. They have been split up for nearly two seasons.
    And Hurley just brought them all together. :shh:

11. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I think so too. The island is a bottle or prison for Smokey. Nothing more.

12. vince

Like the little kid said, "He knows the rules."
    The only bummer is, Richard & Ben may get the shaft.... and, I'll be SO PISSED if they just get killed w/o any closure on them! Boo, I say!:cry:

13. vince

Shame on me! Caught the 'sneak peek' on HULU!
    What a tease!

14. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

It would be cool if Sun could talk, but only BACKWARDS :D

15. vince

Like when Jin hears everyone speaking in front of him, and it's all backwards.

16. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Black smoke is emanating from an island, causing chaos around the world!

17. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

A little OT, but are they going to play lost straight through without reruns?
    I might be out of the loop, but back in the day, they use to run about 4 episodes, then have a few reruns, then show a few more new episodes.
    SNL still does this. Are they not doing this with Lost?

18. musicalbeds

Nope, I think they skip one week, but other than that, we get to watch it straight through.

Tuesday's show looks good, what with Sayid and his gun walking towards Desmond in the well, and the scenes of him looking over and later, iirc, it shows Sayid's gun going off. Whether it's at the well is hard to say, but they make it look like it could be.

19. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Tuesday the 27th of April, they've scheduled a rerun of the Desmond episode, "Ab Æterno."

Harry

20. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

"Ab Eterno" is the Richard episode, not Desmond.

21. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

You're right. I saw the face correctly, but the brain chose the wrong name!

But it's still the episode that's going to be rerun.

Harry

22. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

Another good episode.....the ending wasn't so great, but its keeping me happy.

23. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

So a new episode won't be shown next week? Why is that?

Last night's episode was really solid.

24. musicalbeds

Last night had the worst ending I've seen on LOST...Smokey repeating something he's already said? Blah...a terrible ending, especially with it not on next week.

25. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

the worst part for me was Kate's speech to Claire, which sounded it like it came out out of a soap opera...

it seems like Flocke is pretty clueless when he is not a rampaging cloud of smoke... at times he knows where everyone is/ what everyone is doing... at other times he is just a creepy dude mucking around the forest...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.