Lennon and McCartney on The Tonight Show (with pics and audio)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chris M, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam Thread Starter

Nope. If Apple had a copy I'm sure it would of been used in Anthology.

2. Todd Pass

Todd Pass Forum Resident

Yeah, I caught my mistake after I posted. Way to go on my first post! :sigh:

I think I got confused because Aspinall talks about the Tonight Show in the Anthology but they show another talk show clip and I guess I just assumed it was from the Tonight Show.

3. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I know, and just think of all the money those idiots lost in present day DVD sales. :shake:

4. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

In 1975-1978 I worked in the media center (as they called that section) of the library at school. And I recall that tape very well. I think I made a dub of it for myself and have it still in the vault here in Surf City. I have collected all this stuff for years and years. And this is the first time I have heard anyone else mention this one. I might have made a dub at school, and then taken the original for myself. That sounds more likely. :angel:

At any rate, I'll dig it out and see what the chat is about. I've not played that tape for well over 20 years, I can't even remember the last time it was played. But I did save it...it's John and Paul right, and I think it's in one of those cassette books with other scraps of junk that is just too good to toss, but never gets played. Funny huh!

5. reechie

reechie Senior Member

He also says Joe DiMaggio was the guest host. It was actually Joe Garagiola. I guess one baseball player seems like them all in the UK. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.