Led Zeppelin Live CD/DVD Due 8 November

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marc roberty, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMike

JMike Forum Resident

I've heard/read many interviews where he mentions that, alternating between live album and video. I think with the DVD that came out a while back he considers it done.

2. markbrow

markbrow Forum President

Nope.

3. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

4. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Agreed. The DVD and its counter-part HTWWW probably closes the book on a live archival release as far as Page is concerned. One can hope that he bows down to record label pressure and issues some additional archival material in the future, but no one should hold their breath.

5. PacificOceanBlue

I'm not convinced they would sound as good via soundboard. The audience source adds a really special ambiance to the proceedings. What is interesting is that Page is believed to have many soundboards in his personal archives (the ones stolen were apparently from '73 and '80). Wonder why he didn't use a LA soundboard for the snippet of '77 footage on the official DVD? Either he doesn't have the LA soundboards, or, the LA soundboards do not sound as good as the Millard tapes.

6. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

If the L.A. soundboards sound anything like the Houston, Landover or June 11 MSG snippet soundboards...ah, no, Mr Millard trumps them all! IMO there are no good 1977 Zeppelin soundboard recordings (or performances); all the goodies are on the audience tapes...which, aside from Millard's, about three of which are really decent (the rest...kinda iffy) I love the '77 tour, but you really have to separate the wheat from the chaff there.

If they are releasing something in November, I'm betting it's 02 related, and I'd further bet that these rehearsal tapes leaking have something to do with it. I find things rarely happen 'by accident' in the Zeppelin community.

7. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

If anybody should have heard about a LZ related release amongst us, it would be Marc Roberty, the OP. I presume that all of you have read his Eric Clapton book? I'm hoping it's an O2 set.

8. marc roberty

marc roberty Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well, all I know for certain is that a Led Zeppelin "Live Album" cd/dvd is on a new release schedule with a release date of 8 November. Many record dealers in the UK would have received this news, but nobody seems to know what it is.

I was hoping some folks round here would have more info. The O2 does make sense, but could they have really kept that news under wraps for so long? Whatever happens, it has been an interesting debate and that's what makes the SH Forum a great place to share views, opinions etc.

If I hear more I will certainly report back.

9. nightflight75

nightflight75 Forum Resident

Well considering that the release date is one month away and there hasn't been any advertising, it's probably just a 2CD + DVD repackage of The Song Remains The Same.

Like this one.

10. WPLJ

WPLJ Forum Resident

:thumbsdn:

11. efil2159

efil2159 Forum Resident

12. dvda

dvda Forum Resident

:confused: You know something?

13. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Not of this world

From the 'leaked' O2 rehearsal tapes, here's a couple of wavforms, using audacity. These are from the 'pre-bootlegged' tapes.

Since I've been Loving You

[​IMG]

For Your Life

[​IMG]

14. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

You would think something would have happened with the O2 show. With all the coverage and the camera(s) on a track.

Maybe that will come out. Maybe then we'll see something professional opposed to "you tube" quality.

15. PacificOceanBlue

Agreed. There are, however, some nice audience/soundboard matrix releases of the Landover shows - if one is into that sort of thing.

16. circus77

circus77 Well-Known Member

O2 DVD/Blu ray aint coming out anytime soon.

17. genesisfan

genesisfan Forum Resident

Never understood why on earth Jimmy doesn't come with the goods.

O2 was a great event, but an official release would be nowhere near as exciting as Japan 1971 and many others

Still waiting for LZIV Immersion

18. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Where did you hear that?

19. With the release of HTWWW, I kind of wonder if Page considered that he had then closed the book on that idea?

20. dvda

dvda Forum Resident

Can people just give actual details instead of cryptically posting comments with newly created accounts?

21. Kossjak

Kossjak Forum Resident

I'm not sure why some people post messages like "nope" or "never", AFAIK, the O2 (CD and BD) was offered to some record companies last spring.

22. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

circus77

Thank you for that most enlightening post Mr Plant, err, Mr Circus77.

[​IMG]

23. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

As an aside, Page has copies of those stolen tapes in his archives.

However they are from 1st gen copies of the original masters, therefore it's unlikely they will ever be released officially.

24. dvda

dvda Forum Resident

And I know the folks who have the masters. They want a large payoff to let go of them, so they won't be released unofficially either. :realmad:

25. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

So the police haven't been informed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.