Led Zeppelin Live CD/DVD Due 8 November

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marc roberty, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I've heard that they do exist from some reliable types but you know how these things work. It could just be people repeating the same rumour until it just sounds true. :)

But I suspect they do have something.

2. marc roberty

marc roberty Forum Resident Thread Starter

They multi-tracked most, if not all, of the rehearsals, so any mistakes could easily be repaired.

3. hoggydoggy

hoggydoggy Forum Resident

That's the info as per The Concert File - I'm at work, so can't quote from mine just now or confirm exactly where the Panasonic 6-track account actually came from in the first place, but I think most serious fans have always considered it a pretty trustworthy source.

4. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

A couple years it was get the master into the Blu factory by June/July or it wouldn't be ready for the Xmas tree. They'd need more than 100,000 HD sets.

Lots of media outlets and stores(some have buying budgets, end cap displays etc..) need 6-8 weeks lead time(ie: Mojo mag cover story type exposure). Unless LZ are doing a VERY low-key release.

5. Mlle. Aurora

Mlle. Aurora SeƱor Member

I think that's pretty much the point, obviously no chance of having an official release this year. Maybe this rumor has something to do with the recently leaked, complete "final rehearsal" for the O2 show? Maybe there has to be a rushed official release now before anyone interested has the bootleg tape which is (unlike the concert tapes) in brilliant quality showing a very tight group.

6. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

Was this tour professionally recorded? I believe I have all the shows and they are audience recordings from what I recall. IMO, this little tour was the highlight of Zep's career before the rot set in. Really tight shows with some rarely played songs. I think "Friends" was only performed once live by Zeppelin and it was on the Japanese tour.

7. Coldacre

Coldacre Well-Known Member

yeah, I call horse feathers too. they'd be running ads & reviews by now if it were coming out Nov 8th. mind you, I'd love a new Zep release out on my birthday! :goodie:

to the OP, you're a cheeky sod! you know how easy it is to get middle aged men aroused... watch this jump to 5 pages in 5 minutes

8. JPJs Bass Guitar

JPJs Bass Guitar Forum Resident

The O2 show was being worked on earlier in the year for a potenial release. Robert Plant viewed an early rush of it and confirmed that he was very keen on it being released.

However as of the past month or so word has it that there is virtually no chance of it being released this year, if ever.

If it is released this year, it will take a major turnaround from certain parties involved.

Having been at the show, I agree entirely that it should be released, however as with all things Zeppelin, there's more to this than meets the eye.

I actually hope its a LZ IV 40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition, but thats even more unlikely ....

9. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

I would really love a blu-ray of the O2 show...
    Other than Page's solo on Stairway To Heaven, I thought it was a great overall concert and had plenty of brilliant moments!

10. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

11. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

12. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Maybe someone is confusing this with the Rush Cleveland Time Machine DVD which is to be released Nov. 8.

13. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

Nothing Zeppelin is very low-key

Let's dream for a while: imagine they're going to release Japan 1971 CDs/DVD set.
    Jimmy could let spread the info and within a couple of weeks it will be EVERYWHERE, and the album would sell the numbers, no doubt :agree:

14. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

It seems pretty early to announce a late November release. :D

15. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I disagree. I'm pretty certain that Floyd didn't get their blu-rays/dvds authored masters delivered to anyone with that sort of a lead time although granted X-mass is a different story. But I know some dvds/blu-rays are worked on right into September that still have a planned X-mass buying release. At least ones done in the UK and this is being done in the UK.

Nov 8 might be optimistic but I wouldn't doubt if we get it by end of year.

16. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Where did you hear this news? I know it was being worked on and Plant did make positive comments on it. However, I haven't heard any news that there is virtually no chance of it being released ever.

I know they worked on it for a very long time and committed resources. Seems silly to continue to work on it for months only to say forget about it.

Being on various Zep dedicated sites info like this usually leaks out and I heard nothing about this at all and neither have any friends that usually hear stuff like this. So just wondering...

17. Masmusic

Masmusic Compact Discs Forever!

This is the only one I could find. I don't think this was ever released in Japan so It is no doubt a Russian Boot!

Attached Files:

18. JPJs Bass Guitar

Hi Eddie,

I hear what you're saying, and completely agree. I understand your scepticism (and sense your disappointment which I certainly share) but I wouldn't post something without believing it myself.

As I say, its only what I have been recently told (within the past week) from a very reliable source. Of course there may be a change of hearts and minds, but the latest information is that it will not be released any time soon.

Also, its worth remembering that the Zep messageboards don't always have the monopoly on the most interesting Zep news :D

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - what exactly will be released on 8th November ..... ????

19. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

20. SoundAdvice

In theory Page could. But magazines couldn't sync up ads/articles/reviews. Stores may get shorted copies and can't do endcap displays. With 2 weeks notice it'd be word of mouth and some tv/radio exposure.

Also note that the band itself may not get the guarantee they seek with such a short-notice/low-profile release.

The Floyd sets were announced in May with exact details of content. BluRay factory time could still be scheduled and give them time to tinker last minute.

My guess is that Nov. 8th was a "placeholder" date at one time and may still appear on some lead sheets but that's it.

Reminds me of the new u2 album rumours in march for May release. When it got to be less than 8 weeks away I knew they could never get the Vinyl/magazine stuff together - before it for acknowledged by the band no 2011 cd was forthcoming.

21. SoundAdvice

Does the concert itself only circulate via audience tape? Youtube has some soundboard rehearsal stuff.

About 80 seconds of fulle dited HD footage and proper sound were given to UK TV the night fo the show and it's VERY impressive in full quality.

22. SoundAdvice

Is it Plant dragging his feet? He's released surprisingly little live stuff over his 40 year career.

23. JPJs Bass Guitar

No

24. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

It cant be Nov 8, too late in the game to release something

25. Dark Horse 77

Dark Horse 77 A Parliafunkadelicment Thang

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd love a 75, 77 or 80 live release. To me, I think Jimmy considers 1972 covered, 1973 covered and possibly 68-71 covered by the BBC Sessions, so a later period live album would be needed. To me, anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.