Led Zeppelin Live CD/DVD Due 8 November

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by marc roberty, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

That`s great that the people have been waiting for the O2 show on dvd and cd will get to enjoy it.

I wouldn`t want to spoil things for anyone but I`ll pass on the O2,I`ve absolutely and completely no interest in watching or listening to it.

I`m only interested in hearing an archive release with John Bonham.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

NOTHING has been confirmed, but now the postings sound as if there's been an Official announcement. :laugh:

Rumours are raging.

3. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

There's a slew of people that would disagree with that. It certainly wasn't Zeppelin pre-75 but in many cases it was better than Zeppelin post 75. It was a good show with some great moments and great playing over all. If it was truly sloppy and rubbish the reviews and reports would have said as much but it wasn't.

I was there and it wasn't sloppy at all. There was one bad moment in Dazed but they pulled it back together pretty quickly.

Everyone knows it's not Zeppelin without John but that's old news. It's the closest we're ever going to get to Zeppelin and probably the last time we'll ever get that chance as well.

I'll definitely buy it as I was there so it's on my shopping list but even if I wasn't I would have bought it because as great as the boot version looks an official release will look and sound even better IMO.

4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

No official confirmation but the DVD/Bluray as been worked on so it's coming out at some point and most likely this year.

5. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Sooner or later it probably will be...

6. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

If it was coming out this year we would surely have heard something definite by now, not another rumor.

7. shinedaddy

shinedaddy Forum Resident

the part that sucks is when it does come out it will satisfy Page's desire to have Zep in the limelight for a while and any REAL archival release will have to wait another 10 years after that!! I really wish they would have put it out so we can get past it already!

8. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Seems a little late to tell us about it for a Nov 8th release for sure but it doesn't mean it's not out this year at all. Release dates are changed all the time but this is a good indication that something is coming out when combined with other info I heard.

I heard from others that they planned on having it out for the X-mass buying period earlier in the year. I know they worked on it. So it's there and likely done and just waiting to come out.

Eddie

9. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

10. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

Eh, O2, who cares. Surround hi-rez on blu-ray Jimmy! Get with the program!

11. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I'm find with the advance notice / announcement they are providing. At least they didn't announce it way in advance and then change their minds about it. :shh:

12. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

13. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Japan 1971. It's time.

14. TheGenuinePig

TheGenuinePig Member

THIS

15. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I'll be happy with any new Zeppelin release if the sound is high quality.

16. vinyldreams

vinyldreams Forum Resident

Until then at least we have the unofficially released SBD rehearsals to tide us over.

17. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Zeppelin reissues have all be about a big advertising campaign and strong first week sales and reviews in the media. 4 weeks notice won't make that happen, and may not be enough lead time to press BluRays or vinyl.

18. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

Still? Or again?

19. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

I do. I can't wait. I have a friend who attended the reunion and said it was awesome. Bring it on!

20. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Not sure what vinyl has to do with anything but in terms of CD/DVD/Blu-ray you only need to book the pressing house in advance and then make sure you have the master available for that date. It doesn't take forever to press up discs. It's not like they're going to press a million of these things for week one anyway if at all.

I know from other ppl that they did want a pre X-mass 2011 release & the O2 show was definitely being worked on this year so it's conceivable that it will happen this year on Nov 8 or later.

21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

You know I know they exist but I still don't believe they sound good enough for a proper commercial release. But I hope I am wrong!

22. serge

serge Forum Resident

i call ********

23. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

:righton:

Or Bath 1970

24. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

I respectfully disagree. I think it was pretty darn good for what it was. I like it better then most of their 1975-1979 shows. (I'm one of the rare people who like the 1980 tour though.) I think the versions of 'In My Time of Dying' and 'Kashmir' rank among their all time best. That said, I'd much prefer a 1968-1971 era live show.

25. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

Do we know with any degree of certainty that it is a 6-track recording or is that a bit of Zeppelin lore?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.