Led Zeppelin "holy grail" target cd dream come true!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by steeler1979, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

Perserverance pays in the end. Congratulations.

2. Gizmondi

Gizmondi New Member

WHO prices a CD at $0.92?

Goodwill?

3. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

What is the point of this post? If you don't care about CDs as collectibles, then that is perfectly fine. Any collector knows that either of the Japan for US LZ IV "targets" (red face) are well within the top 10 most desired.

The disc is valuable as a rare "target label" pressing by CSR (the first pressing plant along with Polygram in WG). Those who collect early pressings typically collect the WEA "targets" and this one is scarce and in high demand. It will sell for AT LEAST $600 in the marketplace and has gone for well over $1,000 on a few occasions.

4. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Japan Target! Score of scores. My WG Target took me 13 years to find. I paid $6.99 for my WG Target in NM condition and thought I was lucky. Yours trumps it big time!

5. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

I bet you were :goodie: the rest of the day.

Darryl

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I'm still excited for ya Darren ! Maybe it's because you're a fellow Nashvillian, and it all just feels so much closer to home, but I'm living vicariously through you buddy !!!! Damn, I'm proud for you. :cheers:

7. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

My local indie store always has Zeppelin at full used prices($7-8). How on earth did you get this so cheap?

Evan

8. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

Nice Target. Too bad you won't be able to get all that awful Led Zeppelin music off...

9. rewind1964

rewind1964 Forum Resident

Finding Target labels is the CD equivalent of finding a Beatles "Butcher Cover".
    :righton:

10. Myke

Darren ! It took another Southerner, with a similar avatar to yours to say exactly the right thing !!!!! :agree: :laugh:

11. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Which store in Nashville did you get this at??? I never see things like this in the used stores here!!!

Frank R.

12. Lownote30

Grimeys?
    Phonolux?
    Great Escape?
    McKay?

It has to be one of those!

Frank R.

13. TVC15

TVC15 Forum Resident

Whatever. In the end, it's just a digital approximation of the real deal. Give me a 1st issue plum label Peter Grant credit.

14. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Yeah, but try to sell that for $1600 :)

15. jh901

jh901 Forum Resident

I suppose declaring "whatever" will successfully conclude any conversation. Collectibles, including CDs, are desirable for a variety of reasons. Only a tiny % of music lovers even know of the collectible CD marketplace, but it does exist.

This is a HUGE find. Not "whatever".

16. Myke

I was just saying to a friend who, while she is a true music lover, is not a collector, that in my mind...even before joining the forum here 7 months ago, I'd have, at the very least, thought " now that's a beautiful CD ! " and kept it ! The few bucks they received couldn't have made that much of a difference in their life financially.

17. steeler1979

steeler1979 Darren from Nashville Thread Starter

Here ya go guys...BTW, once again, it had a few very fine scratches. Overall it was in amazing condition! Lownote guessed it, so I'm coming clean :)

Attached Files:

18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

:agree: Coming here and making some "I prefer the rare Indonesian vinyl from August 2, 1982" comment is silly...

19. Myke

Well, glad it was you Darren, because I never would've said it on an international forum. They'd better expand the parking lot now. :laugh:

20. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

I'm liking that sort of grading. :thumbsup: Congrats.

21. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

[redundant question deleted]

22. Lownote30

It's not like McKay's is a secret here or anything. That find was a fluke. They usually don't have things like that!

Frank R.

23. Myke

Well, a few months ago, he mentioned in a thread about a particular disc he had seen but left behind, and in less than an hour it was gone.

" here " is the key word isn't it ? this is an international site with 21,618 members.

24. Lownote30

It's definitely not the BEST used store we have. It would be a lost cause to crowd that place up. I rarely find anything good there.

Frank R.

25. Myke

I agree there. I usually leave empty-handed myself. :agree: In fact, as I put in my WG Allies target, I have to say...the classifieds right here have been my best source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.