Kinks Deluxe editions available for pre-order (part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Alan, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarryT

LarryT Forum Resident

Sorry if I missed this earlier .... but ... what Kinks in Mono box are you referring to?

:confused:

2. GetHappy!!

GetHappy!! Forum Resident

Not trying to speak for MerseyBeatle, but the mono box in question was said to be forthcoming from Andrew Sandoval, on one of The Kinks' mailing list posts. No other details, such as if it's vinyl, cd, etc...

3. Matthew B.

Matthew B. Scream Quietly

http://stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=259231

Sandoval has said the box will include the corrected version of his "This Man He Weeps Tonight" master, which would imply a digital format to me.

4. russell_smith

russell_smith Forum Resident

No, newly remastered, just as the liner notes are new. There are 12 versions on this CD that are unreleased - making it very good value indeed.

Reference acetate - all will be revealed shortly.

Brgds.

Russell Smith

5. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

By same team as other deluxe CDs? Andrew and Dan?

6. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Gee they are making wait till end of Oct ,ad shipping from Japan and thats NOV.!!!

7. We are now drowning in Kinks' releases.

8. mindgames

mindgames Forum Resident

This one is already out over here. "The Kinks Kollekted - Complete History 1964-1994" through Universal Music. 3 CD's.

Much more interesting: there is a DVD counterpart with this tracklist:

9. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

12 Versions? I would have guessed six or seven:

1. Susannah's Still Alive (Is this going to be the alleged 1969 remix?)
    4. Hold My Hand (guessing that this will be a previously unreleased mix)
    5. Do You Wish To Be A Man (previously unreleased)
    6. Are You Ready (previously unreleased)
    8. Crying (previously unreleased)
    13. There's No Life Without Love (previously unreleased stereo mix)
    26. Hold My Hand (maybe this could be the actual Star Parade mix rather than the slightly different mix we already have)

Could you tell us which 12 versions are previously unreleased, and what makes them unique? Also, will "Good Luck Charm" be a new transfer from the same acetate or better yet has a tape source been located?

10. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

http://www.amazon.com/Kinks-Kollekted-1964-1983/dp/B005FLD2TA/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1313287853&sr=1-1

Apparently, the DVD is available separately from the 3CD set and is available in the NTSC format.Unfortunately, it only spans 1964-1983 although The Kinks made many promotional videos after that.

11. Mike D'Aversa

Mike D'Aversa Senior Member

I don't think he meant it literally. Or, if he did, he was probably meant 12 different times meant for release over the years, with minor variations for each...

12. russell_smith

Did I?

Other than say this in my opinion, to-date this is probably the Kinks related archive release that is the most crammed with information and detail as well as the package looking and feeling absolutely glorious. And, the mix of 'Susannah's Still Alive' is the one readied for release for the FMRG album (as added to the 'Dave' reference acetate by Reprise - there is no '69 remix) and is therefore not one of the unreleased tracks.

You will have to stand by your bed posts and wait until September comes, all will be revealed then.

Brgds.

Russell Smith

13. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

Thanks for the info Russell! Can't wait for this one!

Did Andrew and Dan manage to get the Starparade version of "Hold My Hand" sounding pretty decent? I remember seeing a message from you back in 1998 saying it was pretty much unreleasable in it's current state (the versions I've heard on boots can attest to that. I'm assuming it sounded bad even on the original Starparade LP?)

14. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

He meant it literally and I understand what he means. It's good news because it makes the CD unique.

Not real keen on the title if its truly going to be "The Album that Time Forgot". Kind of silly. If they were going to go that route why not just call it "The Album that Ray Forgot"? ;)

Anyway, still very cool to see it coming out - with some extra tracks. The stereo album hangs together very well.

15. russell_smith

Thats not the title, the Universal PR people have used an early draft. Equally, the Ray thing is erroneous and all will be revealed in due course, as to why the album was not released way back when.

Brgds

Russell Smith

16. jjay

jjay Forum Resident

come on Russell,
    Let the cat out of the bag, is Lola Deluxe going to be released soon?:winkgrin:
    I just got the deluxe face to face, something else and Arthur cds and I can't wait. These cds sound great.

17. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

By whom? Ray? :D

Just kidding. Looking forward to the CD. It's long over due.

18. dave-gtr

dave-gtr Forum Resident

Nice that good quality "Are you Ready" and "Crying" are making it out there. My worn out tape (30 years old) is not that good sounding.

19. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

I'm looking forward to a decent sounding copy of "Good Luck Charm"!!

The acetate sounded pretty clean on Picture Book, but the lossy mp3 sound quality killed it :(

20. lou

lou Fast 'n Bulbous

Was't one original title considered for this "A Hole in the Sock of?". That would be way better than the album that time forgot!

21. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

I hope that Dave's Lost Album (the actual title of the CD, by the way) will include printed lyrics so I can finally figure out what Dave sings in "I Am Free" after "confusion never talks" and "I don't care to be a symbol of life's machine", for example.

22. russell_smith

No,but all will be explained how that became attached.

Thats not the title either.

Brgds.

Russell Smith

23. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

24. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.